cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less Proposal Accepts

Dustin W Member Since: Jul 3, 2019
1 of 24

Is anyone else noticing less of their proposals getting accepted? When I first joined UpWork I was getting a decent flow of accepted proposals and getting jobs. The last two months, I've completed depleted my Connects within a week and never even get an interview. I have a good success rate, great reviews, and a full profile. 

I know there's been changes on both Freelancer and Client's sides. I'm wondering if something has changed on the Client's end, that they're viewing Freelancers differently that is causing it to be harder for Freelancer to even get interviewed. 

I totally accept the fact there are amazing Designers on here and that it creates heavy competition, but it's just odd I went from getting at least 2 jobs a week, to suddenly nothing in two months. 

Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 24

yes thats true..tired of seeing 4-5 project closed /expired mails everyday,,

Peter G Member Since: Jul 18, 2019
3 of 24

Me, too. Many months of steadily getting hired and now, nothing.

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
4 of 24

I think if you can get your JSS above 90 that will help. It's a threshold I see a lot for jobs. And I'd be more discerning with your connects. You want to get one or two good quick jobs with quick turnaround in the next two weeks so you can get those reviews in your next JSS computation.

Anastasiia S Member Since: Jul 7, 2019
5 of 24

Same thing. It really scares me.

I really want everything's back to how it was.

All recent updates have only complicated my work, in all aspects.

Community Guru
Jonathan H Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
6 of 24

Same here, 

I was getting regular work before the change - a few proposals would almost certainly result in at least an interview and often a job would come from that. last month and nothing - ive spent a small fortune on connects and sent proposals to much more than i ever normally would, and looking at the amount of proposals on each job it seems everyone else is to - yet no work Smiley Sad 

Its forced me to start looking towards other avenues/platforms to find work as it feels like 90% of the oppotunity here has vanished almost overnight.

Community Guru
Federico D Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
7 of 24

Jonathan H wrote:

Same here, 

I was getting regular work before the change - a few proposals would almost certainly result in at least an interview and often a job would come from that. last month and nothing - ive spent a small fortune on connects and sent proposals to much more than i ever normally would, and looking at the amount of proposals on each job it seems everyone else is to - yet no work Smiley Sad 

Its forced me to start looking towards other avenues/platforms to find work as it feels like 90% of the oppotunity here has vanished almost overnight.

This proves that the new system of having to spend more connects, in order to reduce the number of proposals, is not working. I bet we all still bid for the same number of jobs on average but it just costs us more in connects.
This has become a nice little earner for somebody. 

Alice Catrinel C Member Since: Oct 3, 2010
8 of 24

Same here, precisely what the above people said. Something's gone terribly wrong and if it doesn't get better soon my schedule will have to get filled with work from elsewhere :/

Emmanouil V Member Since: Jun 29, 2017
9 of 24

Same here and I thought that I needed some immerse changes. I have noticed this for over 3 months now and I had a perfect proposal hit status. Even thought I had some kind of secret ban lol. Emails for closed jobs come all time, like there are ghosts there. Dunno what changed..

Md Shoyaib H Member Since: Aug 3, 2019
10 of 24

I thought it was my problem only. I am not alone that makes me less hopeless. haha

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS