cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get connects

Adriana C Member Since: Mar 23, 2017
1 of 66

Hello,

I'm new on Upwork and I have some doubts ..

1) how do I get connects to submit proposals?

2) how is the payment done?

Thanks 😊

Christian F Member Since: Mar 23, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 66

Hi Adriana,

Being fairly new to this place myself, I had the same questions. 

As a "basic" member, you get 60 connects per month (I think), that you can use. 

It took a little while before my connects where available to use.

Payment is, as far as I understand, done via Upworks payment system and you can use either Paypal or a transfer method to get your earnings. 

You can read more here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/sections/202260708-Payment-Method

Hope this helped. 

/Christian

Kevin M Member Since: Aug 10, 2017
3 of 66

Hello am also a new member. My account was approved three days ago and i still don't have any connects. How long will i have to wait for my connects? Its getting really boring just looking at the juicy jobs that i can't submit proposals to.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 66

Hi Kevin,

Please select a membership plan either from Settings or by clicking the "0 Connects available" link on your Find Work page, and you'll receive the first allotment of Connects. Please also review the freelancer resources shared earlier on this thread before starting to submit proposals. 

Roy F Member Since: Apr 24, 2018
5 of 66

Vladimir -- What defines a "Connect?"

I got a hit on the first assignment I applied for, just finished it and am looking for more. When I clicked on one listing I was told I need more Connects. 

Please tell me what I am buying with the Plus plan. Does it entitle me to some number of notifications, or click throughs on offers, or applications, or a fixed number of monthly hirings? Or?

I'm interested in using your site, but I need to know what I am buying with a Premium program.

Thank you,

Roy Fuchs

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
6 of 66

Hi Roy,

A connect is what you use to bid on jobs and send proposals. The free basic plan comes with 60 connects a month and the plus plan comes with 70 connects plus some other features which you can read about here.  I would recommend perusing this thread which has helpful tips and excellent resources for users just getting started on the platform. Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions Roy.

~Nina
Ecaterina M Member Since: Jun 6, 2019
7 of 66
Hi Nina you said that normally we have to get 60 connects but I just signed up and I received just 20 why ! And how and where to get more ?
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
8 of 66

Hi Ecaterina,

Thank you fo reaching out to us. This change started to take effect in May.  After their registration is accepted, a new freelancer receives 20 free Connects to help get them started. 

You can view FAQs about paid Connects and a video explaining the change from our Head of Product, here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Mehvish A Member Since: Jul 29, 2019
9 of 66

I also signed up and got 20 free connects. Will I get 20 connects each month for free?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 66

Mehvish A wrote:

I also signed up and got 20 free connects. Will I get 20 connects each month for free?

No, you have to buy them when you run out.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS