cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Rebecca N Member Since: Oct 4, 2019
1271 of 1,553

After creating my Profile, I entered my phone number in order to receive a verification code. When I select the "Verify Phone Number", nothing happens. I have tried deleting history, restarting, trying different browsers...nothing seems to help. Will someone from the support team please contact me and correct this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1272 of 1,553

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please update your phone number to include the country code as well. For more information, please check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Rebecca N Member Since: Oct 4, 2019
1273 of 1,553

I received an email on Oct 4, 2019 indicating the below message, however nobody has reached out to me with a support ticket. And yes I have checked my junk folder. And FYI including a country code in the phone number hasn't resolved the issue.

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1274 of 1,553

Hi Rebecca,

I`m sorry about the delay with this. Our team is reaching out to you as we speak and will assist you further directly via ticket/email. Thank you.

Untitled
Dan M Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
1275 of 1,553

On the online application, the button 'Verify Phone Number' on the 'Set a security phone number' doesn't seem to be working in either Chrome or Safari.

1276 of 1,553

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with phone verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Tanner C Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
1277 of 1,553

I live in the UK but I have a US phone number. When creating a profile and entering a phone number for verification, the site automatically adds +44 in front of my phone number and I can't change it.

I also can't temporarily change my country so that I can verify my number either. 

Consider adding the ability to change the country code on the registration form for phone numbers.

1278 of 1,553

Hi Tanner,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with verifying your phone number. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Edward H Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
1279 of 1,553

I have a cell phone from outside the country and it's not receiving the verification text from Upwork. How can I get around this?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1280 of 1,553

Edward H wrote:

I have a cell phone from outside the country and it's not receiving the verification text from Upwork. How can I get around this?

Set your location to your real country.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS