Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Highlighted
Community Leader
Mohammed G Member Since: Jan 13, 2016
2451 of 2,462

If you're based outside the US, you should set your location to the country you actually live in.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2452 of 2,462

Luis F wrote:

Help please,

I'm trying to create my professional profile but I couldn't because I don't have a US phone number, actually I've registered an LLC business in the country but don't have a phone number because I'm based outside. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

You want those nice US-only jobs, right? Many people do. But if you don't actually live in the US, you are unable to access them. If you state your country incorrectly, upwork has ways of finding that out, and they will not be pleased. 

Highlighted
Jin C Member Since: Jun 26, 2020
2453 of 2,462

Need to delete my first Upwork account (Gmail) as:
1. Google login does not work.
2. My new account needs to verify phone number, but due to it being linked to my Gmail account, it cannot be verified.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2454 of 2,462

Hi Jin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Chen X Member Since: Jun 27, 2020
2455 of 2,462

After I clicked "continue" button on creating the file page, I was asked to enter my phone number for security.  

However, it showed "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.".

It is the only number I have. I don't know how to deal with this problem. There is not an alternative of confirmation, like email, or security questions.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2456 of 2,462

Hi Chen,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Sarah S Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
2457 of 2,462

Hi there, 

I am trying to submit proposals and it says that my phone number is either wrong or associated with another account. I do not have another account and I really need to be submitting proposals. 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2458 of 2,462

Hi Sarah,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Deepa T Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
2459 of 2,462

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2460 of 2,462

Thank you for reaching out to us, Deepa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled