🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Share your onboarding experience
Page options
Bharath Mohan S Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Genevieve,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Mengqi F Community Member

Hi, I also have this problem where my state ID is unable to be verified. I could also provide my EAD card if someone can reach out to me with a support ticket. Thanks! 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mengqi,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Mike Miguel N Community Member

Hi Genevieve,

I've read for some onboarding experiences that after a couple of tries it works.

If issue persists, open a ticket. Upwork Suport and Staff will figure it out for you.

regards, 

Genevieve B Community Member

MY USA, STATE DR. LIC WON'T UPLOADED, WHY?

Mike Miguel N Community Member

Hi Genenieve. 

Try again, at least 3 times or open a  support ticket. Support and Team Staff are for help complete your verification. 

regards,

Mike Navarro, 

Kai M Community Member

There is no option to upload my EAD and the only other IDs I have are a UK passport and UK provisional driving license. To clarify, I am trying to verify in the US.

Is there any way to contact support and verify that way?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Kai,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Serenity C Community Member

The verification system definitely has some flaws. For I have now been trying to verify my ID for three hours. I have changed formats checked the MB sized an DPI size... It still will not accept. Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. All requirements for the image are met and it is still saying they are not. 

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Serenity,

I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would like to confirm that your verification completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Tim S Community Member

I created upwork account and tried to upload my ID. But it says it could not be accepted and I tried maximum allowed times. tough I just tried once.

Please help

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Tim,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Adam K Community Member

Hi Support,

So I tried to verify my ID again because Upwork asked me to.

I uploaded a clear JPEG, your system failed to recognize my ID and so I got an email saying my account was put on hold - so now I am unable to apply for any potential jobs.

Can anyone help?

Best,

Adam

Hi Adam,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Gina O Community Member

Hi guys!

I've created my Upwork profile but when I got to the ID verification, I exceeded the number of times I was allowed to try and upload. I was redirected to speak with a bot with no help as to what I should do next. Without the ID verification, I cannot apply to gigs. Can anyone help with this? Does Upwork have an actual email for customer support?

Thanks in advance!

Gina

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Gina,

Thanks for reaching out. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly in completing the location verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ariella M Community Member

Hi Upwork Community! 

I'm new here and saw a couple of jobs that seemed relevant. I went to submit a proposal and uploaded a picture of my Driver's License to verify my ID and received a notice from Upwork that they were unable to verify and I don't see any option for me to resolve or attempt uploading again. Do you have any insight on how I can get my ID verified so I can begin submitting proposals? Thanks so much!

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Ariella,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Shreejana S Community Member

Hello 

I tried verifying my Id using my driver's license but it said unfortunately, we couldn't authenticate your the Id you Uploaded and now the account is locked. 

My questions is how do I get my account verified ? I can't find a place where I can upload it again. Help!!

I believe the issue is due to my last name that recently changed after marriage, my account was setup months ago using my maiden last name but the ID I used had the new last name. 

Thanks in advance 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Shreejana,

I've escalated your concern to the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket in completing the location verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Bernadette M Community Member

I am trying to setup my Upwork and it did not accept my drivers license picture. I need to clear this up but I don't know how since now my account won't allow me to do new jobs.

It is telling me "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID" but I haven't been in my account forever ago and now I am updating everything it allowed me once to upload.

What can I do to fix this and verify my account asap?

Hi Bernadette,

~ Bojan
Upwork
Bernadette M Community Member

Thank you. I really need to get this verified so I can work. If someone could contact me ASAP.

Thank you.
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Bernadette,

I have followed up with our team about your concern. The email will be sent out shortly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Marcella I Community Member

I need my drivers license  approved. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths