cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why must I upload a photo with my face?!

salmageek
Salma H Member Since: Apr 10, 2018
51 of 62

Okay then. Thank you all for helping me out.

I really appreciate your quick responses!

salmageek
52 of 62

Hello everyone,

Six months ago, I've posted a thread here in the community about my ID verfiction and face recognition thing  in the profile picture. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Why-must-I-upload-a-photo-with-my-face/td-p/479369

I've been told through the replies that Upwork do have exceptions for women in my case and that someone will reach me out through custoemr service. But nothing happend since then! 

So I'm hoping someone could help me out this time.

Thanks!

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
53 of 62

Hi Salma,

I apologize for the delay in answering your request. I've followed up with the team about your concern and they’ll reach out to you directly as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
salmageek
54 of 62

@Bojan S wrote:

Hi Salma,

I apologize for the delay in answering your request. I've followed up with the team about your concern and they’ll reach out to you directly as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

That would be great. Thank you.

fa_abdul
Fatima A Member Since: Nov 28, 2018
55 of 62

salam, salma did you get some solution?

sa1441
Sakinat A Member Since: Jun 12, 2020
56 of 62
Assalamu Alaikum Salma, may I know what happened? Were you able to upload the photo with niqab?
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
57 of 62

Hi Sakinat,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your profile photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
florpaiva
Flor De Maria P Member Since: Apr 11, 2019
58 of 62

Are you using that in your Id card too?

ckerry
Christine K Member Since: Oct 3, 2020
59 of 62

I have SEVERE anxiety disorders and am on permanent SSD to the point that I don't leave my home more than twice monthly in order to avoid interacting with people. I explained this to customer numerous times. I've uploaded my current state Driver's License... I've offered to pay out-of-pocket to have a notary public come to my home in order to verify my identity yet that's not sufficient. Their "compromise" is to have me hold up a paper with my username and send them a selfie. They do not seem to understand that this is one of the problems at the very core of my anxiety issues!!!

If they only wanted to me to verify my identity... that I truly am who I say that I am, why would a notary not be sufficient??? There's something really wrong here and this requirement is sounding more and more prejudiced/discriminatory than anything else. I wish I were the type of person who could just let this go, but I am not.

Other than the (completely understandable) religious coverings, has anyone had similar issues?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
60 of 62

Hi Christine,

We are sorry to hear about this. Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS