🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: my withdraw via paypal is rejected
Page options
e4d2bc6f
Community Member

Payment not received to my PayPal

my transfer was denied because the option receive/withdraw funds was not activated on my account. my balance was 106.90$ but not it is 0$. how can I solve this problem, can you respond ASAP, please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Amina,

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your funds. I checked and it seems the transaction is currently in process. Please note that there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours to receive your funds on your Paypal. If it has been more than 24 hours, please contact PayPal. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

View solution in original post

660 REPLIES 660
ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marta,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having difficulties processing your withdrawal via PayPal. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cd03b905
Community Member

Upwork team, 

Hope you're doing well. 

Could you please advise how we can proceed to authorize my PayPal account on the platform? I have a business account, so I guess that's what it is causing trouble here. 

I look forward to hearing from yo soon. 

Best regards, 

Jesus Romero. 

Hi Jesus,

I checked and it looks like you have not complete your W-8BEN form yet. The W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E are U.S. tax forms for non-U.S. Persons. We and the IRS use them to determine whether you live in the U.S. and what taxes, if any, we need to collect from your earnings on Upwork. You must have this form on file before you can withdraw earnings from Upwork.

Without these forms as proof that you are a non-U.S. Person, Upwork will be required to withhold up to 30% of your future earnings on Upwork and send that withholding tax to the IRS. As long as a valid W-8BEN/W-8BEN-E form is filled out completely, we are not required to withhold U.S. income tax. To complete your W-8BEN form please follow the instruction provided in this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
4df9e5c5
Community Member

• I have an active withdrawl method to PayPal  that I have set a month ago.

• Also currently in my account I have $34.88

However every time I try to "Get Paid" I get the follwoing message : "You have no active withdrawal methods. Please add a new method."  and a message to renabel my withdrawl method.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

And even though I did that several time, I keep getting the same message again and again.

FYI : My PayPal account is all properly set.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

It shows your wighdraw method is inactive. Actually I got same problem. I cotactced Upwork but haven't got problem solved.

Yes Tao exactly, but even when I re-enable my withdraw method and try to get paid, it shows the same respinse again. It's like circling again and again.

Hello Tao,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We've notified the team assisting you, and an agent recently shared an update via your support ticket

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b336ac37
Community Member

##- Some of the online money transfer of paypal. But you open you account
e-mail and paypal e-mail to same . not same have a problem. check you
account. -##

Hi Subhradip, 

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1084162c
Community Member

Hello Luiggi,

My request #45435474 was created 5 days ago. I haven't got the problem resolved.

Thanks,

Tao

##- may you be ok for everything 🙂 -##
1e4e3cff
Community Member

I want to buy Connect but my paypal payment method has been rejected
Is there another method available in Egypt?

Hi Wahba,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1e4e3cff
Community Member

yaa  but  the  problem  not solved  yet  

b2b7b007
Community Member

Hello, 
I get this message error when trying to withdraw funds into my paypal account.

b2b7b007_0-1709205627220.png

Hi Ahmed,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
00dc37c7
Community Member

00dc37c7_0-1709299202254.png

gives an error when withdrawing money from the account

00dc37c7_1-1709299588872.png

Hi Zhanna,

I'm sorry you're having trouble withdrawing your funds. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
26f8dc3b
Community Member

I'm trying to withdraw my money throw PayPal but I can't do that . (see attached screenshot) 

Ask Paypal support. Them know reason because returned payment.

muhammed_kamal
Community Member

I tried to get paid through my PayPal but It failed and told me "Your payment could not be processed" Returned Withdrawal (ref 676265244 REJECTED) , How can I fix this ? and Will the withdraw fees returned ? 

Hi Muhamed,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble processing your withdrawal. I can confirm that the withdrawal fee was returned and you should be able to see this by visiting your Transaction History page.

I can also see that you've readded your PayPal account, which is now undergoing a 3-day security verification. You can try your withdrawal again once your payment method is active, and don't hesitate to let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

thanks, I will let you know 

It activated the new PayPal but when getting paid, the process failed (Returned Withdrawal (ref 678126036 REJECTED), I need to understand where the problem is, My name is identical on both Upwork and PayPal and I need to transfer Money.

Hi Muhamed,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sharaf24
Community Member

Please could someone help me with this because i cannot focus on jobs .

I cannot withdraw any money .. i tried paybal and disabled tried bankacount 3 times and disabled... 

Someone show me where is the problem ? 

Hi Mohamed,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
751af159
Community Member

Hello,
I am new to UpWork. My problem was that I do not have a PayPal account and I cannot do this because I live in Egypt, and any transfers from outside Egypt cannot be received in Egypt due to special laws in this country.

At that time, I sought help from a friend of mine I trust who lives in Germany and who has a PayPal account. I was going to receive the money on his PayPal account, but when we entered his PayPal account, this payment method was not verified because his account information on PayPal did not match the information. My account on Upwork..

I hope to find a solution to this..

Thanks..

kenbai
Community Member

Why not try Payoneer?

Hi Mohamad,

Your profile name must be what you use to identify yourself in real life. If that doesn't match your legal name, you will have to verify your identity and we will store this as your verified name. For more information, please check this page

~ Joanne
Upwork
etiennemancol
Community Member

Yesterday, I didn't get an authentication code, which I need to withdraw my earnings from Upwork. I thought I was the only one experiencing it. But when I visited one Facebook group for Filipino freelancers, some freelancers also had the same issue. Unfortunately, Upwork decided to close the account of one freelancer because they supposedly need to verify this freelancer's account. I'm really nervous about this.

Did you have the same issue?

Hi Laine,

I checked your account, and I do not see any limitations. I also checked your most recent transaction, and it was successful. If our team needs any information, they will contact you directly. Please let us know if you encounter any issues with accessing or withdrawing your earnings. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Okay. Thank you, Joanne.

greatsam40
Community Member

good morining , i hope i put this in the right section and sorry if not

i have a problem with withdrawal from upwork to my paypal account , i tried new browsers and same results 

thank you 

Hi Sameh,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you so much

f8eedba8
Community Member

I return to Upwork after a brief hiatus, I'm on a free account temporarily, most likely it will be permanently after this, and advised that there is an issue with my financial information. It's a paypal account, a business one. So I update it.  Weeks go by and still no change. So I add a card. Attempt to contact support and get thrown into a chatbot loop. 

Something that can most likely be resolved in about 30 seconds with the push of a button by a living person- has not been resolved and now I must wait in limbo for an arbitrary response from some uncontactable magical realm. 

😞 this makes me said. and does not make me want to expand on this site. 

Hi La'Mar,

I'm sorry to hear you were having trouble contacting support about this. I see that you were able to raise a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
950b868e
Community Member

iam trying to withdraw my funds via pay pal but every time i try i recieve this email :

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account 

Seems the problem is with Paypal.

Please check this page and also this one for more details. (Both links will take you outside Upwork to Paypal and Paypal community websites)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths