🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't add Singapore bank account
Page options
8d5c5032
Community Member

Unable to add local bank account

Hi,

I am a freelancer from Canada. I can't enter my local bank information to get paid. When I try to enter the institution number and transit number, it didn't gave me the option to go to next page. I checked my bank information for many times, and I am pretty sure everything is right! Please help me to set-up my payment detail. 

Thanks,

Ruiyu

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gulnihal,

We’ve designed the process of Adding a Direct to Local Bank payment method to be as straightforward as possible. To add your bank account: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

Important things to know:

• For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
  • Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.
  • You should also contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information, or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system.
  • Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank.
  • Be sure that you enter your bank information, including bank codes, correctly. We want you to get your money on schedule and any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. If you've exceeded the character limit on the Name on Account field, please contact your bank to get an appropriate abbreviation.
    • Since some banks aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the bank code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

645 REPLIES 645
0eb64dd1
Community Member

My issue still persists, I contacted upwork support, they have confirmed
the issue arises from my bank side, you should try to connect with your
bank as well, but first contact upwork support.
tejroop
Community Member

okay thank you. I will contact them.

Hii Soma, I know why this error face, because you are an Indian and you have to first activate your international transaction first from your bank account.

Suppose your bank account was in SBI bank then you have to first activate your international transaction first then after you will verify your bank account successfully.

I hope this work

I did activate my international transactions from SBI. Still showing the same message 

"Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again."

Hi Abhijeet , can you tell me how you solved this issue , my international payment is actiavted , still m not able to do payments using VISA Debit card. Please help

Hi Akshay,

I am sorry to hear about the issue with making payment using your VISA Debit card. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

my name is mistyped in verified name so my payment method was deactivated.

Hi Katherine, 

It looks like you just added your payment method to your account. Please know that this is working as designed, and the team will need to verify your payment method against your account information. They should be done with this within 48-hours. If more information is required from you, they will reach out to you directly. 

If this doesn't get resolved within 48-hours, you can come back here or reach out to our Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having the same problem since a month. 

I have visited to bank many times to resolve the issue and they did everything they could do but still having same problem.

I have attached the screenshot of message I got whenever I tried to pay.

Please help as soon as possible.

I am stuck and want to buy connects.

Please assist.

Thanks 

Hi Abu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

i have verifed my card but cant see it as a payment method

Hi Gaurav,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am also facing the same issue. what solution did you find?

Hi Nizar,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already added a payment method to your Upwork account. If you are trying to add a new payment method, please contact your bank to verify your details and try again. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Yes,I am facing the same problem...help me out please 

Hi Tulika,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can check and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

When I try to Buy connects, I'm facing the same issue. Can anyone help me on this?

Hi Dominic,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already managed to purchase Connects today. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I'm facing the same issue.

I added the card details, but it says: "Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again."

Screenshot_2022_0808_162915.jpg

Hi Siddharth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am Unable to Verify my Bank Account on Upwork. After entering all the bank details the information is showing "Your bank was unable to verify your information". Please contact them and try again.

Hi Pooja,

I can see that you've already raised a ticket with the Customer Support team. Kindly allow more time for them to review your case and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am facing the are issue right now. tell me the solution please. thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nizar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

"Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again."

Hi; I also try to add my credit card. But, I am also facing the above error message. I have already activated the international usage in my Visa credit card. 

team@upwork; please help me. 

Hi Vikas,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already added your card on the account now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I am facing the same issue. I tried connecting with the upwork support but everytime they failed to resolve this issue.
I also tried to contact my bank, they said all is ok from their end.
Fully frustrated! 👎

Hi Jitender,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with the response you got from the support team. In general, the authorization to release funds and approve purchases comes from your bank that's why we advise you to contact them and double-check everything on their end. If the issue persists, you can respond to your support ticket to reopen it and our support team will be more than happy to continue where you left off.

~ AJ
Upwork

Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again.

i am unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again. please solve this problem as soon as possible

Hi Mishkat,

I'm sorry you're having trouble adding your bank account. Please get in touch with your bank to confirm if everything is ok on their end. Otherwise, don't hesitate to reach back to us after you've contacted them so we can assist you further if the problem persists.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Respected Manager,

nikunjgadhiya_0-1706505446969.png

I'm facing the same issue.
can you please help me?

- Nikunj

Hi Nikunj,

Thank you for your message. Please contact your bank to verify the payment details you are trying to add to your Upwork account. Once you have done that, you can try to add it again to your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
16388e52
Community Member

I have been trying to connect with my local bank and every time they say that the IFSC code is wrong and that the bank is not found. I have already checked everything and have gone through all the articles. My code is correct. 

Please solve this problem Upwork.

Hi Khyati,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
5846a440
Community Member

Team,

I am new to this platform and I have registered my company and everything is fine. When I tried to enter my bank IFSC, it says code does not exists. I am entering the IFSC code: ICI0002410. This my Current Account IFSC Code and if you check Bank Site it is correct, but in Upwork it says code does not exists.

I tried to enter the IFSC of my personal Account and it is picking up the bank easily.

Is there a system that I cannot configure Current Account with Upwork. Please guide me. Thanks

Hi Glory,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b5ddaa40
Community Member

I added my Bank Account Lately and verified my Id , but it still says inactive , been 3-4 days so far and my tax forums are already been filled 
Not sure what is left to do so it becomes active 
And Thanks in advance 

Hi Abdelrahman,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e9951dd6
Community Member

I can't seem to add my Singpapore bank account numbers - saying it's invalid or something. Both banks I tried adding are very big common banks in Singapore. Can someone help ?

Hi Aly Mei,

To add your bank information, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

You can also check this help article for more information. If you still encounter issues adding your payment method, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths