Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Job Postings

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
31 of 2,045

@John K wrote:

Ok, I'm going to be careful here not to violate guidelines, there's a job posted a few days ago that asks for a WordPress theme to be developed so that the client can sell it at a large theme marketplace. The budget for this job is barely what it costs to buy 2 themes at this very marketplace. So, if a freelancer actually created a theme good enough to sell there, then the client is making pure profit after he sells this theme to 2 buyers, minus whatever percentage you pay to the marketplace site.

The job's still open, freelancers! There's a handful of applicants already but only 1 has been interviewed.

Morally, I think that's bad. However, I'm not clear on the ToS in this matters. If the client has documentation that transfers ownership of freelancers theme to said Client, then the client is free to do whatever with it.  At least I think that's how it goes.

I've signed agreements to hand-over anything new I created on behalf of clients, but 9 times out of 10 it's something propriatary that only the client can use.

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
32 of 2,045

Don't all rush at once...

You will have to rewrite in English 10-12 articles that I'll give you and then create at least 10 slides for every article. Our budget is 5 dollars.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
33 of 2,045

How about 3-5 page WordPress websites for $10, and deliver by Mar 4, 2015. Good news is it's "simple and basic", just couple of forms and a slideshow.

13 freelancers have applied, one with a rate of almost $40, so I guess this can be done in 15 minutes.

Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
34 of 2,045

@Ramon B wrote:

Don't all rush at once...

You will have to rewrite in English 10-12 articles that I'll give you and then create at least 10 slides for every article. Our budget is 5 dollars.

That's not a budget...it's a dollar store shopping spree!

(I'm gonna use that next time I get a lowball invite)  

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
35 of 2,045

I received an invite a few days ago to write 5000 word books for $50. I actually accepted the interview and told the client I would need a minimum of $300 to write a book of this size and that depended on the topic and how much research I would have to put in.

His counter offer--$275 for the first book and the $5 for every book after that. He wants to do (in his words), a volume deal.

I told him thanks but no thanks.

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
36 of 2,045

The world turns upside down. Finally, an article job poster with reasonable requirements! Smiley Surprised

Create 3 Small Articles of around 120 words each - Native English Speakers ONLY - Newbies Welcome! Fixed Price - Est. Budget: $5 - Posted 11 minutes ago Hello, We need a few writers to create small articles of around 150 words. Must have PERFECT grammar and spelling. English Native Speakers only please. Newbies welcome. We pay $5 for the 3 articles. I will leave 5* review and a recommendation on your profile. Thank you!
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
37 of 2,045

Are you being serious, Ramon? Even mentioning feedback as an incentive to apply for a job is against the spirit, if not the T&Cs, of the site. The client should give five-star feedback if the job done deserves five stars, and he/she cannot possibly know that till it's done. It would have been better if the price was higher and feedback not mentioned.

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
38 of 2,045

No, this one seems fair, it's better than the usual..

5 1000 word artices for $15

No freelancers from....

Must be available from...

Must had the perrfect grammer ans speling

No time wasters

No agencies

IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT THESE CONDITIONS DO NOT APPLY, I WILL REPORT YOU TO ODESK [never really understood how they can do that] AND GIVE YOU BAD FEEDBACK!!!!!

(N.B Not a real post overworked moderators)

Yes, this job is still badly paid, but it requires a lot fewer words than most of the article jobs, and at least the client is courteous and has a good understanding of English themselves.

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
39 of 2,045

Customer Service for an Agency (changed wording so I was not copying from a job, but this was an actual job avg rate of pay was $3.00 per hour)

Oh I am going to run out to work for these guys right now! NOT!

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE JOB POST BEFORE APPLYING.

Rate: What the client offers it will depend on. We take $2 off of it so if the client is offering $7, you will be paid $5. $1 goes into our expenses and our company earns $1 per hour.

Can someone do the math on this one Smiley Tongue

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
40 of 2,045

Virtual Assistant Job

$1/hr - 5* Feedback

Experience wanted 

Wordpress Experience (creating post, editing existing post for on Page SEO, adding images

Google Docs

Promise of pay increase and long term job 

Sorry For all those skills I would need at least $2 an hour Smiley Tongue

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS