Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove Google sign in?

fba7ed3d
Sa X Member Since: Jan 2, 2021
1 of 7

Hi !

I'm new to Upwork and have two questions:

1. How do I know if I'm approved or not?

2. I would like to change my username and email but so far I figured out that I can't do that as long as I'm logged in using Google sign-in. How can I change that?

Log in -> Settings -> Connected Services .. doesn't work. It just stays on Password and Security.

Is this because of Google Sign-in or because my profile is not approved? Is there another option?

Thanks for replying and happy new year.

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Hi there, 

Welcome to Upwork! I checked and can confirm that your profile was already accepted. For help getting started, check our Freelancer Guide. It covers everything from finding great projects that fit your skills to increasing your rate and getting stellar feedback.

You should be able to change your name and email address by going to Settings > Contact Info > Account there you can click on the pencil icon. Here is a screenshot for reference. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola

Untitled

View solution in original post

5528657f
Enzo C Member Since: Mar 9, 2021
3 of 7
Hello Nikola,

I have issue with my upwork account. I can’t change my name since I’ve sign in using my Google Account. Please help me out with this.

Thank you.
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 7

Hi Enzo,

You can request a name change by going to Settings  Contact Info to edit your name. Please note that to set up a payment method, your verified name in Upwork must match the name on your payment account.

-Joanne
Untitled
5528657f
Enzo C Member Since: Mar 9, 2021
5 of 7
Hello Nikola,

Here’s the thing, I’ve tried that instruction but it always routed to a “ Settings Password and Security “ I can’t do any modification on my account. I am guessing since It was sign in using google. I’ve tried also in browser and clicked the connected services, same thing happen routed to settings and password security. Please help.

Thank you,
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 7

Hi Enzo,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and email as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

Untitled
9b420344
Leah T Member Since: Mar 30, 2021
7 of 7

This is a rampant issue with Upwork. It won't let you do numerous things until you enable that security feature.  It does not tell you this, it simply keeps dumping you there hoping you will magically figure it out. Once you set this up, it should behave better.  Good luck.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS