🐈
» Forums » Support » Profile locked to private
Page options
d5f56afc
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Please have try alot to move my account to public and yet i'm unable to move it 

Please help me to move it to public 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

251 REPLIES 251
cadb0c83
Community Member

Hi,

I just tried to turn on my availability but my profile is locked to private....one of the reasons is because I haven't had any work, but I have a better chance of getting work if I can turn on my availability....

How can I fix this please?

Hi Steve,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. You should now be able to switch your Availability Badge on. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
amoranto_justin
Community Member

Hi,

My account has been kept private, please help me to make it public. Thank you!

I can confirm that your request via a support ticket to have your profile reset back to public has been completed. You're all set! Thank you for reaching out and have an amazing weekend, Justine.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi there, my account is on private could you make it public? Thank you in advance 

Hi Zunaira, Your profile feature allows you to select your visibility into public. In other words, you have to select the pen icon under view profile. 

Hope this helps.

Hi Zunaira,

Your profile visibility is set to Public now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
0ad95e26
Community Member

hoy can i solve this problem

Hi Nada,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance

~ Luiggi
Upwork
34ce7559
Community Member

My profile has become private, please make it public 

Hi Zubair,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
fd3b0285
Community Member

Hi @LuiggiR,

I am facing a problem with my Upwork profile as it has turned to Private from Public. I have tried multiple soutions but nothing has turned out in my way. My profile is still private. Here is my Profile link
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01eef7e531cb6da35f

My Profile visibility option is set to private and I am not able to edit this option. I accidently changed my Profile picture and after than my Profile status is private, even though I have changed my profile pic to its orignal but still getting the same issue, please suggest any solution.

Kind Regards
Mitravinda P.

Hi Mitravinda,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance

~ Luiggi
Upwork
crm_expert
Community Member

Hi please set my profile visibility to "Public" since I couldn't do it through ana utomatical button.
Thanks!

231f87d2
Community Member

Hi,

I can't change my profile from private to public. Can someone please guide me what should i do to make it to public?

Please help.

Hi Wajiha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
be71a729
Community Member

Hi, 

My upwork account has been private. If you could make it public, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0b3afe3c
Community Member

Hi, i am a freelancers please help me to changes my profile private to public. please help me to solved the problem. 

Hi Sulekha,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
c8c2caff
Community Member

I give up! not able to change profile to public, how will upwork earn? how will I earn?

Hi Naveed,

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to Public. If your profile has been set to private due to a lack of earnings, there are several simple ways to reset it to public. To learn more, log into your Upwork account, and you’ll see a pop-up notification with your options. We also send all affected freelancers an email notification, which you can refer to for your choices. Finally, you will also see your options by clicking on the “Find Work” tab and clicking on your “Visibility” status under the “My Profile” overview on the right side of the page.

- Pradeep
Upwork

Hi Pradeep, thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately the profile is not public anymore. I have tried using the reset link but it doesnt work and redirects me to the homepage. As far as pop-ups are concerned I never saw them. It will be great if you could reset the profile I will be grateful to you. many thanks 

Hi Naveed,

I can confirm that your profile visibility is already set to public. Could you share a screenshot of what you see on your end?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2d536b7d
Community Member

Hi, 

I am Sonia K., I want to let you know that due to some personal reasons I was not working. Now I am back to upwork, working to find my freelance work. Please set my profile's visibility back to public. Thanks!

Hi Sonia,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
saimamunawar
Community Member

My profile visibility  has changed from public to private .Please make it public so i could work properly

22e438a5
Community Member

Hi, There! my profile still in locked private. How can I reset it to Public. pls help. Thanks!

Hi Jeslee,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
3fbaeac6
Community Member

Hello, there was a long gap in my work pattern, now that I have returned and would like to begin work I am not getting any success with my job proposals. Let me know:

1) Is it because of the reason the Availability Badge is turned off? 

- i  tried but couldn't switch it on as the message said I am not earning so I can't 

- So whats the solution for that?

2) Also, can anyone share links to any tutorials related to writing Upwork proposals and pitching in to the clients? I may as well check out those to improve myself.

Thanks!!

I also want my upwork profile public.

Hi Monjila,

I see that you've reached out to our support team and raised a ticket with the same concern. I can confirm that your request to reset your profile back to public has been completed. You may now try and turn your availability badge on. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
singla_sunil88
Community Member

My upwork account has been private. Kindly make it public.

iammuneebfalak
Community Member

I have tried multiple time but didn't gets the availibilty badge on please fix it.

Hi Muneeb,

Could you please share more information about what happens when you try turning the badge on? If you could share a screenshot of the error, that would also help.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1f6a4485
Community Member

Hi,

Please Help me!

My profile is set to Locked Private but I'm currently working on 2 projects. Can anyone help me to make my profile visible? 

I've not got answers from my clients since last night, is this because of a locked private profile or it's general?

Best,

Hiba

singla_sunil88
Community Member

Hi, There! my profile still in locked private. How can I reset it to Public. pls help. Thanks!

Hi Rajat,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c19f2b9f
Community Member

Hello Admin, I've verified my freelance profile but it's still set to private. Please can you help change the setting? Thank you 

Go to Help Center scroll down a bit and click on Reset Profile Visibility

anjali113
Community Member

Hello Team,
 I have been informed that my profile is been locked to private? Please make it back to public, I am already working hard to get a contract and really want to continue working on upwork. Please solve this issue ASAP!! 
Regards

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths