🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: We were unable to authenticate your ID
Page options
Bharath Mohan S Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
Jo-An B Community Member

Hi Zachary,

Our Customer Support Team will reach out to you and assist you with your verification. 

~ Jo-An

Untitled
David B Community Member

Same with me.  Can I get an agent to contact me?

Ryan C Community Member

Hello David,

I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
Geneva B Community Member

Hello,

I have the same exact issue. I keep getting the below message. Please help.

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

Rickin P Community Member

I tried to upload my US passport a few times, but no success. Now I have a message saying I need to contact support. Please help

Karen Harris G Community Member

I have the same issue. I have contacted support twice and haven’t received any response. It’s been a week.

Valeria K Community Member

Hi Rickin and Karen,

We'll have support tickets created for you and assist you with your verification process directly. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Cassandra Y Community Member

I am trying to verify my ID however it says I have reached the maximum number of tries and it was unable to verify my ID. I see I need to submit a ticket but cant seem to find how to.

Thank you

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Cassandra,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Simone S Community Member

Goran, I too need help with this topic. I "have reached my maxium number of atempts to upload my ID" and I can't find a place to contact anyone about this. 

Kati L Community Member

I also have reached my maximum number of attempts to upload my ID.

Ryan C Community Member

Hello Kati,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
Judy Virginia T Community Member

the same has happened to me

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Judy, 

You may directly file a ticket with our Customer Support Team by looking for a job with U.S. location requirement, and clicking on the link to contact the Customer Support Team. Let us know if you'll need further assistance. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Cher T Community Member

Yes! I am getting the same messege! and I am unable to submit proprosals.

please help.

Deana S Community Member

Goran, I too need help with this topic. I "have reach my maxium number of atempts to upload my ID".

Ryan C Community Member

Hello Deana and Cristina,

I'm sorry to hear that. I have escalated your concerns. One of our representatives will reach out to you both shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
Mai Choua T Community Member

I am dealing with this same situation. Please reach out to help. I would love to have my proposals submitted. Thank you!

Connie X Community Member

Hi Ryan,

I have the same problem. I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. Could someone please help me with this?

Thanks.

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Connie, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with verifying your ID.

~ Avery
Shirah H Community Member

I also need assistance with this please.  Thanks!

Kari E Community Member

Same here.

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

Customer support has a url link which sends me to the Help Center, where I find zero ways to contact customer support.  Help please, I am only interested in jobs that are only for US applicants.

Thank you,

Kari

Nina K Community Member

Kari,

We'lll also have one of our team members reach out to you to help you complete the location verification.

~Nina
Christian M Community Member

I tried, unsuccessfully, to upload my drivers license. Finally got a clear copy, but it tells me I have exceeded the number of attempts. I cannot submit any proposals until it is uploaded. Can you please advise me how to reset?

Hassan E Community Member

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the my state liquor ID once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths