🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Not receiving my verification code
Page options
dannyrro
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone

I don't have access to my old verified phone number and need to update it with a new one.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Daniel,

If you need help with your phone number because you're not receiving the code or don't have access to it anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

787 REPLIES 787

Hi Jumshud,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Having the same exact issue, not getting the code and can't also find the link to message support. How do I proceed pls?

Hi Anegbu,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
512eaa88
Community Member

I have been trying to apply for jobs and this website wil not allow me to do so.   I get that I am supposed to verify it is me, but initially, the verification number does not even get sent to my phone.  Then, if I requested it to be sent to my phone, it would, whether it was by phone call or text, but then THAT verification number would not be accepted as correct on Upwork.  Now it is saying that I entered the incorrect pin too many times. 

Hi Lynea,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
20e60502
Community Member

I have been trying to post a job. 

But since morning I'm not receing the otp for phone verification.

Please help solve the issue

Hi Hiresh,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
faf278a6
Community Member

I am trying to post a job, but when it comes to the verification process, I am not receiving anything on my phone. What should I do, it is very urgent.

Hi Baktybekov,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
conroy-joesph
Community Member

Hi,

I'm not able to use my account as the number for the verfication code is being sent in the wrong US format (xxx) xxx-xxxx and won't send it correctly to my +44 UK number, despite it being set up correctly to be a UK number. Is there any help I could get with sending a verfication code to the correct number?

Thanks

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joesph,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties receiving the code to verify your phone number. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
eeddc065
Community Member

I have been trying to contact support for the last hour using the chatbot, ready to scream. The phone was very low on memory and I had to delete all apps, including verificator. Did not realize it would completely delete all account history. Now, I can't login to my account ( this is a new account ) I got to the form to reset it, however after filling it all out, when I press send it doesn't actually send! So it just stays stuck there. Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to talk to a person. How do I get back into my old account? I don't have a trusted device with me.  If only, I could send the information of the form to an e-mail address. Does anyone have an e mail address, or know if there is a certain webbrowser that works with the form, maybe? 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Margaretha,

I’ve shared your report with the support team and escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Don't have access to Verified Phone Number / Not receiving security code on my phone. please help

3f8c2ef3
Community Member

DEar valued member, i am trying to activate 2 point verification and for that i am posting my mobile number to receive OTP but despite several attempts, i am not receiving OTP on my cell phone. please suggest what i should i do to resolve issue. THanks. 

Hi Salah,

I am sorry to hear that you are not receiving the OTP on your phone. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
d0fd5b5d
Community Member

Hello having issue receiving code to my phone for verification. Pls help

Hi Miriam,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3ab88d87
Community Member

I am registered as an administrator on your site, I want to post a job on your site, everything is correct, only sms is not coming to my phone number???

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rahim,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance in completing the phone verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fdf1cdd1
Community Member

I'm currently experiencing difficulty receiving the confirmation code on my mobile device, which is preventing me from completing my job post. Additionally, I've noticed on your community page that this seems to be a common issue, yet there are no suggested solutions available. It's frustrating that the support options are not readily accessible on your page, and redirecting users to support only adds to the challenge. I kindly ask for your assistance in resolving this matter. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Hi Mariya,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
397c83c1
Community Member

I recently joined and verified my email and added my payment method. However I couldnt proceed verifying my phone as I am not able to receive any sms codes. My phone is working well and there is no issue with the phone and network. 

How can I raise the issue to support center. I tried using the chat but it was not helpful at all. 

I appreciate your support

Hi Rakan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
ab958cc0
Community Member

I'm not receiving SMS security code on my phone to be able to verify my account and post jobs!!

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 3.48.35 PM.png

Hi Bader,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Try another numer or select with exect country code
f28f17ad
Community Member

Hello!

I recently made an account, and there are errors when it asked for the verificaiton code that is supposed to go to my phone number. However, I never get any of the texts and I can't verify my phone number to apply for jobs.

Thanks!

Hi Nehemiah,

~ Joanne
Upwork
88db4ac2
Community Member

Hello, I cannot verify my phone number, I do not receive the verification code

Hi Yazeed,

It looks like you already corresponded with one of our agents. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post them in your ticket, and the agent will be happy to assist. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
219c7cc9
Community Member

im trying to login from the upwork app, im trying to change my address details in the upwork website aswell,

im trying to do**Edited for Community Guidelines** other things

but since i need to get paid, suddenly, i cant get any text message from upwork anymore. the last time i got an message from upwork was when i bought upwork plus, its very wierd that when i need to pay, everything is working very good, but when i need to get paid, nothing works, after lots of messages to the bot, i couldnt even get to a real human that will answer me and help me solve the issue, WHY i dont get an sms to verify? why when i look at my deatils i see suddenly other phone number, but when i change it again and press save, im getting a prompt that saying that sms will be sent to *{my real number}... and nothing is happening and i dont get any code! 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gal,

I see that there's already a support ticket that's been set up with your verification code concerns. Please allow our team 24-48 hours and you will get an update on that ticket once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8004759b
Community Member

Hi,

I am registering myself as a client and trying to post a job, but I cannot get any verification code sent to my number. I have the app installed on my iPhone and still nothing. How do I proceed?

Thanks,

Joelle

Hi Joelle,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cae39d17
Community Member

I am not receiving my two step verification code to my phone number. I had received my 1st   verification code from up-work as soon as i registered my phone number to receive verification code, last on the 17th of february. however, now i am not receiving any verification code. i have been trying for 2 days to update a payment method although i have no projects done as of yet. but i'm unable to do it as i'm not receiving the verification code to my phone number.

Hi Shafqa,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e902eea5
Community Member

I am also not receiving a verification code on my phone needed to set up my profile. I have tried on Chrome and Safari, and with two different phone numbers. I tried contacting the chat bot but did not get any help. Would love to get started with my project, so would be very grateful with support on this! 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sigrun,

I looked closely at your account and confirmed that you've successfully provided the verification code. You were also able to log in to your account. Looks like you're all set. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths