🐈
» Forums » Support » ID not verified since last week
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,729 REPLIES 1,729
da3a785d
Community Member

Hello i am trying to get verified. Everytime i do this on my safari browser i always get same white screen. Cookies, cache deleted. Your support ai bot is not letting me to speak to real person. 
please help me

Hi Dimitur,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry you're having difficulties verifying your ID. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. 

Additionally, as a freelancer, your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are; it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are goes against our Terms of Service.) You may visit this help article to learn more about choosing a good profile picture.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c4becad6
Community Member

Hello,

Please help me out in this serious matter my Upwork account is on hold due to ID verification I already upload my National ID card front and back but still my services are on hold kindly guide and resolve this problem soon as possible.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad Adnan,

I also encountered this issue. when I got my first job on Upwork If you are having trouble accepting a job offer request from a client, try accepting it from your email. It will be accepted and your account will show your identity verification again. Try to upload your documents perfectly this time, where all of your personal information is in English language and clear to understand. 

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance in verifying your ID.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c4becad6
Community Member

Thanks your prompt response.

b07cde99
Community Member

I got suspended after the contract started. My ID wasn't verified. 

Will I be fine after ID verification?

Maybe if you get verified quickly before the client moves on.

Hi Sushan,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ed410be3
Community Member

I have applied to get verified on upwork, but I can't find any status update. I would like to know more about the same. Ive used a residential card(Aadhar card) for the verification.

Hi Shaik,

We checked, and it doesn't look like you've completed the ID verification yet. Please click on continue once you have logged into your account and go here. Our verification team will review the document you submitted and will reach out to you directly via email if they need more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
nipuna12
Community Member

I also have the same issue with all jobs Apply Now button disabled. Yesterday no issues

Hi Nipuna,

We checked and saw that you have yet to complete the verification process. Please go to your settings and complete the ID verification verification step. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e0f1ee64
Community Member

I need your support please!

I have applied for Government Id verification a weeks ago but still not approved or rejected.   Also i cant check its current status because i dont recieve any email or upwork notification to check weather or not its approved. 

I need a response please!!!

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9bdd9a7e
Community Member

I was asked to go through the identification process as I am a freelancer. It failed and is now in a manual review process which is extremely frustrating as I am now unable to apply for any work. How long is this process and is there anyway I can speed this up as I need to be applying for work today?

140ed449
Community Member

I  have changed more than one profile picture and still getting the error in the email that the profile picture needs to be updated. I don't know what is wrong with the profile picture. Can anyone from the community confirm?

Hi Muhammad,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ade381d4
Community Member

up.PNG

I updated my payment method on 16 april but then I got a mail that I have to do an identity-verification for the 3rd time. I uploaded my governmental ID on the same day, and yet there's nothing.

Hi Omar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked, and it looks like your Identity Verification is now approved. Could you please let us know if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ade381d4
Community Member

Screenshot_2024-04-24-10-11-13-31_ae5e5d2b2a92d716b262a8242ae16b36.jpg

 then why can't I active my payment method???

Thank you for following up, Omar.

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

day 12 of reviewing my documents for payment identity verification and still no update. 

they even made me a support ticket 3 or 4 days ago, and literally the ticket has zero replies from the support, it's just me talking to myself there.

this is crazy.

36a229dc
Community Member

Hey Dear Upwork Team, 

I submitted my ID for verification last week. It's been one week but my account is not verified yet and the blue tick is not appearing. Kindly review my account and tell me what the problem is and how much time it take.

36a229dc_0-1713909990734.png

Hi Safia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you need to submit your ID documents again. Could you please check this page for more information about submitting ID documents and try again? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
8371a605
Community Member

I have submitted my documents for verification but still hasn't been verified and I also didn't receive any information on my mail if it's under processing or it has been verified it's been 3 days now and I'm still not verified 

Hi Jackson,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c7b463c1
Community Member

I have submitted all the documents but still my verification is incompleted, Help required from Upwork support.

Hi Owais,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cb4c0fc5
Community Member

Having a similar issue where plaing face in oval isn't responding even after the troubleshoots of clearing cookies and using natural lighting

fc35952b
Community Member

i don't have passport, i only have the government id and i can't verify, can you help me ?

Hi Mohamed,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties verifying your ID. You will need to take a picture of your government-issued ID to verify your identity. The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form. 

However, you've already contacted our support team and raised a ticket about your ID verification concerns. Please allow them 24-48 hours, and you will get an update on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

In the meantime, you may review this help article for more details about acceptable documents to complete the ID verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fc35952b
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support Team,
I'm having trouble verifying my identity on the platform. Despite multiple attempts, I'm unable to complete the verification process. I've tried:
  • Ensuring my documents are up-to-date and valid
  • Using different browsers and devices
  • Following the verification instructions carefully
I've uploaded a black and white copy of my government-issued ID, which is a valid and accepted form of identification. However, the system is not accepting it. I've attached a screenshot of the error message for your reference.
Please assist me in resolving this issue as soon as possible, as I'm unable to access certain features and bid on projects without verified identity. Your prompt support is greatly appreciated!
84abc588
Community Member

Please, I am a Nigerian and my ID is not getting verified and I need to quickly accept an offer on this platform to immediately start working. I've been trying to get it verified for more than 3 hours now. It is very frustrating. 

I tried NIN, it is stating that I should change the card orientation. I tried Voter's card, same thing.

Sometimes, it states that it is glaring. I've tried and tried. Please, I need urgent help because the offer is still pending.

Please, I am a Nigerian and my ID is not getting verified and I need to quickly accept an offer on this platform to immediately start working. I've been trying to get it verified for more than 3 hours now. It is very frustrating. 

I tried NIN, it is stating that I should change the card orientation. I tried Voter's card, same thing.

Sometimes, it states that it is glaring. I've tried and tried. Please, I need urgent help because the offer is still pending.

Hi Lijoka,

I see a support ticket has already been raised about your ID verification concerns. We understand the urgency of your case. Rest assured that it's been escalated to the appropriate team for further review, and kindly expect an update on your ticket here within 24-48 hours.

~ Arjay
Upwork
67b9daab
Community Member

I have submitted my government id and selfie but  it's still showing action required to verify your identity,these are my legal id and name was also correct,would you help me on this regard ?

Hi Ridoy,

I've contacted the review team, who confirmed that they haven't received any documents to verify. Please try to resubmit your documents by going to Settings> Identity Verification. Please let us know once you've submitted the required documents, and we'll have the team look into them.

~ Arjay
Upwork
248a3dd9
Community Member

I started my first gig yesterday and very shortly after my account was locked down with the message "Action required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork", which is preventing me from applying to new gigs.

On the "Identity Review" page it says "We've started a manual review", with a yellow exclamation next to "Appear on camera:

To show us it's really you, take an automatic selfie or join a video chat.".

For some reason my automatic selfie was not accepted, and apparently there is no way for me to reattempt this step.

I am open to verifying my account via a video chat.

Hi Fico,

We checked your account and saw that our team has reviewed your account but requires you to update your profile photo. Please check out this help article for more information on how you can choose a good profile photo.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths