🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: 404 error Identity Verification Page
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385

Hi Bella,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I took a closer look at your case, and the team is unable to accept the document you provided. Philhealth, Pag-IBIG loyalty ID, or any other photo ID are not accepted. 

However, I see that the team has reached out to you via email with more information and further instructions for resolving the issue. Feel free to coordinate with the team by responding to the email and they will surely assist you accordingly. You may also access the support ticket linked to your case here for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
31d52726
Community Member

Good Afternoon everyone,

I was just trying to get my profile verified and when I went in settings it was not giving me the Identity Verification option.

I would really appreciate some help with this,

Thanks,

You cannot initiate it. Upwork will contact you for verification later.

I see, thank you for the quick response. I just completed my profile to 100%, is there like an estimated time of how long it takes?

Thank you for helping me out Mykola 

24b37548
Community Member

I want to verify, but the page is not working.

24b37548_0-1694190733167.png

Hi Nika,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
24b37548
Community Member

Thank you Luiggi

48e24e72
Community Member

Hello! I need to verify the account for the job that I will be applying to. I still cannot find the identity verification option. I need it ASAP. Please advise! My account is 100% complete for over a week. Will subscribing to Plus help me expedite it? Please I need it ASAP.

You will get the identity verification option after completing the first contract on Upwork.

Hello, Eman.

Good day! 

I am really concerned on the verification on my upwork account, I badly need it. I am going to apply to the company I am referred to. Unfortunately, I cannot verify my account due no option for identity verification. The company needs me to verify my account first. It's been weeks since I completed my profile, I still cannot verify it. I did lots of research but none of them helped. Also, I tried applying small contracts so I can somehow start having a work. Still, it never helped. My connects are almost nothing left but I still cannot get the verification. Please help! Thank you.

Yours truly,

Floremhil Sencil

Hi Floremhil,

We understand that having a verified badge in your profile can really be helpful in making your profile stand out and be trusted.

Please know that once you are eligible/required, you’ll be notified upon logging in to complete the verification process.

If you didn't get the email notification, your account is not yet due for identity verification.

You don't have to worry, our specialized team will definitely give you a prompt or reach out directly via email once you are required to complete the verification process. You can read more about the verification badge here.

Hence the ID verification page not showing up on your account settings. We encourage you to keep sending proposals and applying for jobs. When required or eligible, you will get a notification to complete the verification process. 

~ AJ
Upwork
dd5c44a6
Community Member

Upwork requires to upload ID that has an address but my National ID has the Address on the back side. Upwork asks only to upload the front side of the ID. How Can i upload both sides of my ID?

It has been rejected and i dont know what to do?

Thanks

Hi Jona,

I can see that the team contacted you via a support ticket with more information about your verification process. Kindly refer to it for more information, and don't hesitate to follow up via that same ticket if you have questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d6599821
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, I have been struggling to get my account verified for months now since joining, please what do I have to do to be eligible for a verification? 

Do I have to complete my first job first before getting one?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Carol,

Please be aware that the ID verification cannot be requested but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or a notification in your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6818a090
Community Member

Hi there,

I have a new Upwork account and I am doing my first job with a client. I have submitted my details about my verification already but I still receive the following message :

"Some of your services are temporarily on hold
We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you! GET STARTED or LEARN MORE 

When I click to "GET STARTED" it shows the name of my brother instead of my name and it cannot be changed as mentioned below:

The ID you upload must have the same name and date of birth entered below.

Full Name
Date of Birth
Please guide me on how I may get through this.

Best regards,

Hi Umar,

I am sorry to hear about the error message displayed on your account. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
7b6c26d4
Community Member

I couldnt see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

Hi Faruk,

You can't see the option because you don't need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

I completed my profile on upwork, but thereis no option of identity verification in settings on my profile. Can someone assist that why is this so?

and How can I overcome it soon?

and I just need to know if I bring my international or local client to upwork and they pay me for their work on upwork. Could I become eligible for Identity verification?

Hi Qadeer,

I checked your account and it doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
07f66811
Community Member

I finally managed to get my first job. The contract I have with my client is for an hourly job. I think I cannot use the "open time tracker" section because the ID verification has not occurred yet. I want to be able to use the "Open time tracker" feature.

Hi Ayturan,

Congratulations on your first job! For hourly contracts, you can continue to track time with the Upwork Desktop App even before verifying your account. 

To ensure your client is invoiced automatically and you benefit from Upwork Hourly Protection, make sure you log time on hourly projects using the Upwork Desktop App. By doing so and following the steps outlined in our Payment Protection, a freelancer is taking all of the necessary steps to have their payments covered. For more information about getting paid on your hourly contracts, please check this help article.

- Pradeep
Upwork
Community Member

OK, thanks for the information. 

Can I bring my clients to Upwork while my identity is not verified yet?

Hi Qadeer,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you can bring clients that you've met outside upwork through Direct Contracts. You can go to this page to start inviting them.

**Edited to add: 

You may also check about Any Hire by going to this help article.

~ AJ
Upwork
salmantariq0324
Community Member

I am trying to verify my ID. I have tried the separate link. Both show not page content/page not found/404 error. Capture.PNG

This is really frustrating. I hope I can recive assistance ASAP.

Hi Salman,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. This cannot be requested or initiated on your end. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
e7f80255
Community Member

Hello,

please help me, will there be any problems when verifying the location if the Company is registered in Poland, I, as the founder of the Agency, have a Ukrainian passport, but I am currently located in the Czech Republic due to the war.

What documents should I add to get a verified ID?

Thanks!

Hi Daria,

Thank you for reaching out. Generally, the acceptable documents include a passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (the Philippines only), tribal documents, tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

You may check this help article for supplementary documents that you can submit that apply to your case.

~ AJ
Upwork
262a244c
Community Member

Hi, Could you please help me to get ID Verified?

Hi Suguela,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. This cannot be requested or initiated on your end. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
68a76efc
Community Member

Hello There,

Can any please help me.

I created this account since I was recomended to open an account to find legit online jobs by one of my former colleagues.

This is the second time I am creating an account since the first account produced same results.

Will there be some one to help me out, guide me, so that I can have my account verified and get some jobs to start with please.

Any support and guidance will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Roy

You are not allowed to have a second account, even if the first one is closed. You need your original account reopened.

You cannot request ID verification. Upwork lets you know when it is time to verify your account.

Community Member

Hi, 

My identify verification failed multiple times and there is no support in terms of what is off in the updated document. need help. Please note that I'm from India and using Driving License for this.

Hi Anudeep,

I can see that one of our agents has already reached out to you. You can access the ticket by logging in to your Upwork account and going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
4ae8b2ae
Community Member

Hello, What I have to do after my profile complete 100%? I'm new to upwork and i made my account to 100% complete today, so what I have to do next? How can I verify my account? My senior said that I have to upload my government ID but I can't see any option to upload goverment ID. Thank You.

Hi Raka,

We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll email you and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8d21115d
Community Member

Hi, I am Rashid.  New freelancer at Upwork. I have an ID verification problem.  My ID verification was requested about 15 days ago from today and I provided the ID immediately. But, even after more than 15 days, I am worried as my ID verification is not completed.  I need help from the community to complete my ID verification quickly. Thanks.

The community cannot help.  Only Customer Service can answer this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths