🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Gov. ID was not approved
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,903 REPLIES 1,903

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am experiencing issues with the identity verification process on my account. Specifically, I'm unable to receive an SMS for verification, and there's no option to enter a code or upload my National Identity Card and a live selfie. Could you please guide me on how to proceed with these steps or rectify the issue I'm facing with SMS verification?advise
I have attached an image as well , where I'm stuck,please advise me in this matter.
Please send me a link where I upload my documents as well.

Thank you for your prompt assistance.

Email for Upwork
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Best regards
Saad Abdul Rauf

Hi, I have the same problem with identity verification, can you ask an agent to check my account, please?

Hi Zaida,

I escalated your ID verification concern directly to the team handling the review. They confirmed that your ID has been verified, and you should now see the ID-verified badge on your profile. You're all set! Thank you for reaching out.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I also have the same problem. Have you resolved it?

Hi Hong,

I reached out directly to the review team, who confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID-verified badge on your profile. You're all set! Thank you for reaching out.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

I am going through the same issue. 

Some of your services are temporarily on hold
We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you! 

This is right after when I entered my bank account details. 

My account is verified,

kabirkhan57_0-1714244483336.png

My Ticket number is #46750555.

Now my Withdraw account is inactive, I have shared my Goverment issued ID in the email but that did not help. When Click on the Get started link it takes me here. 

kabirkhan57_1-1714244624075.png

From here I do not know how to scan the QR code and with what and when I enter my phone numbe I do not get any kind of text or nothing. 

I have been using the same account debit card to purchase connects for months, now when I want to withdraw my funds I am facing all these issues. 

FYI

kabirkhan57_2-1714244793718.png

On the ticket, I have asked multiple times to guide me with the QR code or phone and nothing.  When I try it with my cellphone and take picture of my ID, its says invalid ID, that same ID which I used to verify my identity initialy. I would really appreciate any help that can resolve this issue. 

Thank you,

I'm having the same issue. I've sent my ID and photo 2 times and it just resets to this.

023745a7_0-1712705435173.png

Hi Nicolas,

We checked with our verification team, and I want to confirm that your account has been verified. The badge has already been added to your account. Thank you for completing the ID verification process.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1b677604
Community Member

Hello JoanneP,

I have been trying to get verified on my original account but I haven't been successful. I still don't know what the exact problem is, submitted my NIN ID (which in Nigeria serves as a means of identification) and following the best practices for uploading my ID yet I was told to bring an alternative government issued ID, all of which would take me nothing less than 2 months to acquire. could you check what the exact issue is with my NIN ID.

Hi Brown,

It looks like you are reaching us from a different account as I do not see any verification initiated on this account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeeph,

Sorry I forgot to clearly mention that my original account has been suspended and as such I can't reply to posts on that account. Should I message you the email address of my original account then?

I'm experiencing the same issue with verifying my identity. I uploaded my government ID images on April 6th, 2024, but I haven't received any confirmation about whether they were successfully verified or not. It's just stuck in this place. I've attempted to seek assistance through the "Help and Support" feature, but the AI bot responses aren't addressing my concern; it just give me a bunch of articles. I just need guidance on how to proceed with resolving this matter.

I am facing the same issue, can anyone help me to solve it?

Same problem for me, it's been 5 days and I'm still waiting for my ID to be verified

a0e73411
Community Member

Hi! I can't get verified. I submitted my driver's license 2 times, but upwork asks me to do it again. I wanted to send my passport, but your camera does not accept it. Yesterday I spent an hour in vain so that your camera would say “Can’t read every element on your photo page,” although the photo was perfectly. How can I finally pass identity verification?

mezoor
Community Member

Same issue here!

I am going to just switch to Fivver tbh

b2261ef0
Community Member

Please Luiddi can you help me out here? 

I am trying to verify my prophylaxis, but I don't have an ID card, my nationality is swiss and my residence permit in the UK is online, it is confirmed by a code. I have bank statements and other government documents that I can present as proof of residence, I could apply for a physical residence card, but this takes many months. I urgently need to start working! is there a solution?

c37c68f5
Community Member

I'm experiencing a similar problem. Whenever I click on the "Continue" button to verify my identity, two choices pop up in front of me: 1) Scan the QR code or 2) Send a text message to my mobile phone. However, when I select the first option, I'm unable to begin the verification process because the QR code only opens the Upwork Page but doesn't allow me to log in with my email. On the other hand, I haven't received any messages on my provided mobile phone from Upwork. Could you please help me resolve this issue? Thank you!

Hi 

I am trying to verify my ID via greencard USA as I have recently moved to the USA but upwork is not detecting it, than I tried taking a pic and that does not work, however, I tried it with all devices and will all backgrounds.

Can you please help me? its urgent as this is the only source of income I have.  Waiting for your reply

Thanks

Hi Syed,

I see a support ticket was already been raised about your ID Verification concerns. Please allow our team time and you will get an update from one of the team members here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e10a44f4
Community Member

Hi,

I have uploaded a face-veiled display picture due to my religious beliefs and was unable to get my account verified. Can you help me with this issue and allow me an exemption?

Best Regards

1b677604
Community Member

Hello LuigiR,

• I am laying this complaint from a temporary account I created just air out my frustrating situation. I have failed on many attempts to get Verified despite resubmitting my government issued ID which in my country of residence ( Nigeria) is the National Identity Number card( NIN). I have been sent emails informing me on the ID verification failure even after submitting my ID card and appearing on Camera. This is highly inconveniencing as I haven't been able to apply for jobs or lay my complaint on upwork community because my account is currently suspended. Can't Upwork initiate a manual verification process this is getting really frustrating and tiring.

Hi Brown,

I'm sorry you were having trouble with the verification process. Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account you need assistance with?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1b677604
Community Member

Hello Luiggi, 

I can't seem to message you privately message you, I can't see any delivered messages in my inbox. Would it be ok if I leave my email address in the comments here?

Hi Brown,

Sharing your contact information in the public forum isn't allowed. I received your private message; you are not seeing anything in your Inbox yet because I haven't replied. I'll continue assisting you from there. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1b677604
Community Member

Thank you for the assistance, Luiggi 

Hello ArjayM,

I am laying this complaint from a temporary account I created just air out my frustrating situation ( trust me I wouldn't be violating Upwork's policy if I had other means of reaching out to you) . I have failed on many attempts to get Verified despite resubmitting my government issued ID which in my country of residence ( Nigeria) is the National Identity Number card( NIN). I have been sent emails informing me on the ID verification failure even after submitting my ID card and appearing on Camera. This is highly inconveniencing as I haven't been able to apply for jobs or lay my complaint on upwork community because my account is currently suspended. Can't Upwork initiate a manual verification process this is getting really frustrating and tiring.

I received emails from Upwork support but none of them pinpointed the exact issue with my NIN ID, it is authentic and is used for verification purposes of any sort

0378c4b7
Community Member

Hi Sir,

Good day! I received an email for Identity Verification. I tried to access the QR code and sending a text message to my phone number; however, nothing worked. It redirected me to the same page that shows the QR code and the option to send text message. Please advise. 

Thank you.

Kind regards,

-Raymart V.

Hi Raymart,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while completing ID verification. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi PradeepH.

I am currently facing the same issue after getting my first offer please help.

Hi Team,

I got my first offer through upwork and when I accepted it. I was prompted to verify my identity, however UpWork keeps rejecting my national ID saying they do not recognise my document even though it is a very clear picture. Please advise on how I can be helped with the verification as I currently do not have my passport or drivers license.

Regards,

Suzen

Hi Suzen,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e9bca409
Community Member

Hello LuiggiR

I seem to have issues with the identity verification. When taking the selfie it keeps showing no face detected.

Hi Victor,

I see that a support ticket was raised about your ID verification concern. One of the support team members has escalated your case to the appropriate team and responded to the ticket with updates. Please allow 24 to 48 hours; you'll get an update on this page once your case has been thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bc1afebc
Community Member

Hi Everyone,
Can you please let me know how to resolve this issue when I'm  going to do ID verification?

Hi Asad,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the verification process. Could you please share a screenshot of the error? If you haven't already, you can also try using a different browser to see if that helps. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Luiggi,

I've completed the verification process on my iPhone twice, and each time it indicated success. However, when I log into my account, I'm still prompted to verify my identity, and under settings, it shows that the visual verification was unsuccessful. This issue seems to be preventing me from applying for jobs with other clients.

Could you please assist me in resolving this problem? I am eager to continue applying for jobs and need this issue to be addressed promptly.

Thank you for your help.

Hello Gem,

I'm sorry you've been having trouble with the verification process. The team recently responded to you with an update via this support ticket. Kindly refer to it for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1e1fddaf
Community Member

Hello Luiggi, I am reaching out because I see you are a moderator and I need urgent help. I already wrote in the forum a few days ago but no one is answering me and this is very important. I have submitted my verification about 4 days ago and I am still not verified. I did all the steps and it's telling me I am under manual verification but it's been taking way too long, and I was told it would be 24-72 hours at most. I have contracts awaiting and money in my account and I cannot deposit or accept contracts. This is very stressful for me since I am losing a lot of money. Please help me with this issue as soon as possible. I would really really appreciate it. Thank you! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths