🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to apply funds. Paypal.
Page options
mirzamokrovic
Community Member

Unable to apply funds. Paypal.

Hello, as you see, i have problem with getting paid. Everytime i try to withdraw founds, i got this mail:

Hi Mirza,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

Can you please help me, 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrey,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

527 REPLIES 527
68f0143a
Community Member

I have the same issue

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kavsar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
457cc1ef
Community Member

I cannot withdraw my funds through paypal for some reason, i recieve an email saying the reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

Did anyone have the same issue? How does one fix it? Ando the method disables itself after a fail.

Hi Dmytro,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

I am having the same problem. Were you able to solve this? 

Thank you

I had to message Paypal support. Apparently it doesn't do transitions in my country (Ukraine) so that was the problem. Not sure if that helps you.

Hi am having problem withdrawing funds from my bank account and paypal. The reason given by both is unable to apply funds. I have checked and cross-checked with the bank but found no reason from their end. Please help!

Hi Abhimanyu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

I have the same payment issue. Email said: Unable to apply funds. Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.

-Christy

Hi Christy,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please I am having same issue. Unable to apply funds when withdrawing with paypal . What should I do please?
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tienduma,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
yoppie
Community Member

I have the same issue, Can someone help?

Hi Serhii,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
alexburma
Community Member

Did the support help you with the issue? I have the same problem, can not get paid using PayPal.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleksandr, 

I have asked for the help of the Customer Support Team with your concern. They will reach out to you directly through an email support ticket to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Not really, I finally changed my method of payment

I have the same problem. Can someone help me with that?

Hi Oksana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4d1980b7
Community Member

Hello Nikola. I have the same problem. Can someone help me with that too?

Hi Andrii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with PayPal withdrawals. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
amela_mehanovic
Community Member

Hello,

I have problem with withdrawing money on my PayPal account. Everytime I try to do it I recieve this email:

Hi Amela,

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

UPDATE PAYMENT METHOD

I checked and my e-mail adress is the same on UpWork and Paypal, so I don't know what to do. Can you please help me?

Best regards,
Amela

Hi Amela,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the exact same issue, I'm unable to transfer to paypal:

Hi Dennis,

I have escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths