🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: We were unable to authenticate your ID
Page options
Bharath Mohan S Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Amy,

One of our team mebers will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Eduard G Community Member

Hello!

I have tried uploading my ID multiple times and it sall there but it has hit the max limit. May I talk to customer support so I can prove my identity 

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Eduard, James, Jyoti, Rahil, Toluwa, and LyKae, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with to assist you further.

~ Avery
Juntae D Community Member

I need help with this as well. Unfortunately, it's not allowing us to submit a ticket. Instead, it wants us to "Ask the Community." Please advise...

Hi Jon Paul and Juntae,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Johann W Community Member

HI, 

I followed the green link , but it redirects me here. Please help with how to submit ID after the max attempts is reached. Thank you.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Johann MIchael, 

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you directly via ticket to assist you further in uploading your ID to verify your location. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Amelia M Community Member

Can someone please help me? I have this message at the top of the screen when I click into a job posting "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID". When I click on the Contact Customer Support it sends me to this community. I don't see anywhere to upload my ID. I'm happy to do what needs doing, but where do I go?

Hi Amelia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Amelia M Community Member

I still have not seen a support ticket opened up to address my issue. Is there a phone number for support that I can call?
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Amelia,

I`m sorry about the delay with this.

Our team will resend the ticket shortly and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Douglas M Community Member

Well, that still leads to chats with the Upwork IA.  Getting direct help is still such a long way !!

Riley J Community Member

same problem need help

Hi Riley,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Kyle M Community Member

I have reached the max time to upload my id twice now. Can someone you help me with verifying my location?

Jo-An B Community Member

Hi Kyle,

Sorry to hear you're having verification issues. One of our team member will reach out to you directly through ticket. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Thomas E Community Member

I am having the same issue. I am not sure why my ID picture is not being accepted.

Kalila M Community Member

I am having the same issue. Uploaded a valid California driver's license and everything is clear and visible, but yet your system was not able to verify it. Please help.
Nina K Community Member

Hi Kalila,

Please go ahead and click on the question mark to the right of the 'Find Jobs' search box, and then click on Help & Support. You'll then be able to click the green "Get Help" button towards the bottom of the page which will allow you to create a support ticket so that the team can assist you with completing the verification.

~Nina
Tamara M Community Member

Hello I’m gettinf the same error "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support."
Ryan C Community Member

Hello Tamara,

I just checked your account and I could see that you already have a ticket regarding this issue. I will make a follow up on your ticket so our team can assist you. Thank you.

Untitled
Adrienne A Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same issue. It keeps telling me that my name doesn't match my ID.

Valeria K Community Member

Adrienne,

I see that you've already submitted a support request with our team about your location verification. One of our agents will get back to you shortly via that same support ticket and assist with verification.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Catherine G Community Member

I am having the same problem also. 

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Catherine,

Please refer to the details our team shared on your tickets, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths