🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't see identity verification section
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,996 REPLIES 1,996

Hi MD Taukeer,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ad936734
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**Hello, I need assistance with my identification verification process. I have submitted my driver's license but was denied. 

Hi Inga,

I checked your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
47c5f291
Community Member

Hello my name is SHABEENA.I am new in uowork, I don't know how I verify my upwork account and my identity because identity option is not shown.please help me show the identification option 

Hi Shabeena,

Thank you for your message. You can proceed with the ID verification from the Settings page. Just follow the on-page instructions to upload your documents. Our team will review and update your account within 1-3 business days.

- Pradeep

Upwork
a4121809
Community Member

Support (the chatbot) assures me that I can indeed verify my identity without a smartphone. However, whenever I attempt to do so, it gives me no option to verify on the computer.

When I attempt to get more help from Support (the chatbot) it says that my account is suspended. I see no indication of this, other than the fact that my account is asking me to verify my identity. Since Support (the chatbot) thinks my account is suspended, it does not allow me to submit a ticket or contact a real person.

If my account really is suspended (beyond needing to verify my identity), I have no indication or idea of what it could be suspend for, so I am apprehensive about submitting an appeal to something I cannot even tell exists.

I need support that is not in the form of the chatbot. I do not know the correct place to seek help, but Support (the chatbot) gave no indication of how to contact someone. Please if someone could direct me to Support (a real person) that would be great, thank you.

Hi Curtis,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I am unable to add the Govt ID through my mobile I've tried scanning the bar code and also tried using the sms service it redirect me the same the same page repeatedly. Kindly some one help me with this issue.

Hi Mohammad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d5bedf27
Community Member

Hello! I don't know what happened but I can't or unable to apply for jobs? The Apply Now button was working fine but not anymore. I still have 70+ connects.

Hi Kyle,

I can see that you are currently required to verify your identity, and your submitted documents are under manual review, which is why you can't apply for jobs. Please allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed; the relevant team will contact you once they have an update. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d5bedf27
Community Member

Hello LuigiR,

With regards to this statement "This feature is not available because your client is suspended.", what does this mean?

Hi Kyle,

If you are trying to apply for a job and you see that message preventing you from sending a proposal, it's because the client's account is currently suspended. They would need to resolve their issue related to their account suspension before they can continue to receive proposals for said job. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5e52afa7
Community Member

• Hi,
    I'm unable to use my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy J7) to verify my identity with my deiver's license. Every time I try, it says that it cannot find the 4 corners of the document. It gave me the option to take my own photo, yet still it says unable to work. It doesn't ever automatically take the photo(s) as it's says supposed to do - even when I snap the photo myself it doesn't work and, never advances to snapping the back of my license.
    It's on a black backround in a very well lit area and what I see on the screen is totally clear.

Maybe the self-taking photo option isn't working because the address is different than where I live now? My License doesn't expire until 2025 and it's from my old Indiana address. I'm currently located in California. I have a working laptop with web camera for video verification and even my birth certificate & SS card if necessary. While it states that I can use a computer to verify, when I go to settings>Identity Verification there are only mobile options (QR code and Text message); Each options results in mobile phone camera verification which does not work for me.

Please Help!

-Thank You

Hi Joseph,

We're currently checking this with our team. We'll get back to you here as soon as we have more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
5e52afa7
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

It worked! I was able to upload my own photographs of my documents, whereas before that wasn't working. I'm grateful for your reply, and I'm looking forward to providing excellent works for clients in the near future.

Thank You

-Joseph

96e58a21
Community Member

i AM HAVING THIS ISSUE AS WELL... i CANNOT VERIFY MY ID VIA THE MOBILE PROCESS. iT IS VERY FRUSTATING AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY ASSISTANCE FROM AN ACTUAL HUMAN,

I do not have any option to verify identity in settings on my laptop as well mobile. how do I get the verification badge?

Hi Devansh,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kabirkhan57
Community Member

Hi Everyone, 

This right after adding my banking details and I added it for the frist time.

I have the same issue "Some of your services are temporarily on hold
We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you! GET STARTED or LEARN MORE"

And when I click on get started, I cant scan the QR code and by entering my phone number I dont get any code.

kabirkhan57_1-1714233366091.png

I already have the batch too

kabirkhan57_2-1714234002906.png

Hi Kabir,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
usamatahir345
Community Member

Dear community, 

I am new to upwork and had won my 1st project after 6 months of continous efforts, Now at verification step my facial recognition is not being completed on my mobile.

let me know how i can complete this to get more projects from upwork.

Thanks.

Usama Tahir

Hi Usama,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
126eeb40
Community Member

After I got my first client. Then a red alert appeard above the job list page : action required, verify your identity for more jobs. So i opened the link scanned the QR code. My phone browser opened. I showed my face and tax id card. There was green tick and showed we have started manual review and check for emails. I didn't recieve any emails, and the green ticks were gone after some time, like asking me to show them again. I already did this 3 times. Still happening. And it says my account will be de activated if I don't verify in 7 days. So what can i do. I contacted support in the chat bot and submitted this. But still don't know when it will fix. I am new here. Please help...

OMG.... I just posted and got a email that I'm verified now. Thanks to GOD. I think solution is wait.

1a1c4a4b
Community Member

My profile verification does not move forward and I am stuck on 'Choose how to continue on a mobile device'

Please help in fixing this.

Hi Sameer,

i am sorry to hear about the trouble verifying your account. Could you please tell us more about the issue faced on that page?

- Pradeep

Upwork

1a1c4a4b_0-1714338760830.png

When I scan the QR code on this page, I am again taken to this page to scan the QR code again. I am stuck in this loop.

Thank you for following up, Sameer.

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b01e355d
Community Member

b01e355d_0-1714292979493.png

I am not able to do any action as Upwork is not providing any further action to move on.
If anyone can confirm what are the next steps to address this problem?

Regards

Charu

Hi Charu,

Thank you for your message. As mentioned in the screenshot, a manual review has been initiated to verify your account. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
4603909c
Community Member

I've just registered as a freelancer using the Google Chrome browser. Now I want to verify my identity but I can't see the Identity verification section in Account settings. Can anybody help me with this issue?

Thank you

You  can contact up work customer support to see common ways to fix the problem  or you check your profile settings for identity verification.

Hi Harutyun,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e1eaca58
Community Member

"Hey,

I am unable to apply for web-related jobs such as web development, app development, HTML, and Java-related jobs. However, when I click on fields like virtual assistant or data entry, they allow me to submit a proposal. When I apply for web-related jobs, I receive a message asking me to verify my identity. Upon clicking on it, I am redirected to another page shown in the attachment. However, there is no button to proceed or any other option. Please resolve this bug as soon as possible."
Please guide me how i resolve this issue 
Thanks.

Well I think that only jobs you included on your profile will appear when you type find work and if you did not inckude any web related job then you verify your identity on your upwork profile sttings or you try cliking on privacy policy shown in the page or you contact up work customer support.

Hi Muhammad,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d280e2cb
Community Member

Please I've been struggling with verifying my identity on Upwork. I'm using the acceptable national ID and it's approved on other sites but I keep getting the rejection mail that verification wasn't successful; asking me to use another document. Please what am I not doing right. It's really very frustrating and I'm unable to focus on any other thing.

Hi Ima-Obong,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear Team,

I've encountered repeated rejections during the identity verification process using my government-issued ID, which is the standard acceptable form of identification in my country(as attached). I've also attached a copy of the latest verification decline. A screenshot of my profile is attached too.

While I understand the importance of verification, it's concerning that others in my region have successfully verified their accounts using the same type of ID. I would greatly appreciate a more personalized explanation for the specific issue with my verification attempt.

The generic responses are very frustrating.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths