🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Upwork Account
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615

Hi There,

Please note that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about your original account? If you can still recall the email address that would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0204a168
Community Member

Hello there,

I have made this account to get help. I have another account which I can not access, because the e-mail in use no longer exists.
Would appreciate it if someone could help me and we could resolve that problem.

Thanks Martin

Hi Martin,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hello there,

I have made this account to get help. I have another account which I can not access, because I've closed it.

So please help!

Community Member

Hello, I've contacted the support but still no response... so what I am supposed to do?

Hi Yusif,

I checked and did not see a support ticket. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
3e9b6169
Community Member

I have a freelancer account I would like to reactivate. I tried logging in but need to reset the password. I've tried to get the password reset sent to my email address several times (yes, checked spam) but it's not there. Please help

Hi Cortney,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork
3e9b6169
Community Member

Just sent! Please let me know if there's anything else I need to do.

aa6fbaae
Community Member

Hello everyone! I have registered an account under my main e-mail address, and I noticed that the registration if for a wrong type of account so I close it. Now I'm unable to login or re-register under the same address and I'm receiving this messsage "Google account r...b@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked." 

Anyone can help me to revive that account?

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork
e1a1df30
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm unable to login to my old Upwork account, it says "Oops! Username or email is invalid." And when I try to sign up again using that email, it says "This email is already in use." Plus, I had to make this account just to raise this query.

Hi Hashim,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
3fe83336
Community Member

It shows the below Error when i try to login
Google account v...3@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked 

and when i sign up and it says

Account already in user

For help and to raise concern, i have to create temporary account with different email

Hi Vicky,

~ AJ
Upwork
a4808958
Community Member

I previously had a client account in August 2021 which I can no longer log into and it is no longer recognized. How can I get back into this account?

Hi Simon,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address associated with your original account? Looking forward to your response so that we can proceed with your request.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a4808958
Community Member

Hi,
It says the account is no longer available. I'm looking for the other account that was registered for Bourgeois Chin Associates. It should be under the name of**Edited for Community Guidelines**, who contracted with **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Hi Simon,

For privacy reasons, we cannot disclose personal and confidential information here in the community. If you can provide me the email address via PM (Click on my name) that would be extremely helpful.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

I've been trying to remove company/client in my freelancer account.

Unfortunately I ended up deleting account completely...

Is it possible to restore it?

Thank you.

P.S. This is another account I've created to be able to write this post, since my original one is no longer accessible.

Hi Aleksei,

~Andrea
Upwork
ca65c15a
Community Member

I feel like I'm in 2005. There's apparently a user name that is not my email address that I was supposed to remember(?) I created a new account to request support so you can tell me my user name. I have pics that include my email so I'll include them in the ticket. 

Hi David,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will be reaching out via a support ticket. Please coordinate with the team with more details about your original account so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently. You can access your ticket here when ready.

~ Arjay
Upwork
93bc9d54
Community Member

Hello, my name is Youssef 

I wanted to make an account on upwork with user name and password but instead of that I made it with my google account by mistake then I removed account permanently and I tried to make new one with this email but with user and password this time it tells me "This email is already in use" so I tried to login with it if it's exist so I tried and then it tells me "Google account is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked." so  why when l try to make new account it tell me that email already in exist and when i try to log with it tell me this email doesn't exist please help thanks in advance.

Hi Caesar,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties getting an account set up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
93bc9d54
Community Member

hello i was absense for personal reasons can you reopen the ticket again please because my problem doesn't solved yet

Hi Caesar,

Could you please respond to the ticket with the details requested by our team? You should be able to reply directly from the email address associated with your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
2f50434e
Community Member

I have a freelance account and i been trying to login using google and it is diplaying the following message 

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

I tried also to sign in using email and password but it always force me to use Google to sign in 

I write this using new account cuz iam unable to sign in to the main one

Hi Yassi,

~ AJ
Upwork
40f15587
Community Member

I had to create a new account because I could not log in to my old one.

I kept getting the following error message: "Oops! Username is incorrect." When I tried to sign up with the same email that generated the error message, then I got the following message: "This email is already in use."

I understand that duplicate accounts are not allowed. Please help me either recover the first account (in which case I will delete this account), or delete the first account (in which case I will keep this one).

Hi Bakar,

~ AJ
Upwork
62db1c2b
Community Member

a few years back I was a top-rated professional at Upwork, unfortunately, have lost my id with a delete option, is there any possibility to recover my id back...?

Hi Muhammad,

~ AJ
Upwork
1a6d9132
Community Member

I registered on upwork 2 years back and I did manage to have 2 freelance jobs with good ratings but then I did not continue to use them as I shifted to a full-time job, Now I am back for freelancing I had forgotten the email I had registered for. I would like to connect to an upwork back-end person or chat with him so that I can use the previous profile as a freelancing agent as it would be easy. How can I connect with a person from Upwork for this ?

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with any information about the profile you are referring to?

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
49938fab
Community Member

Hi ! in 2018 I created a upwork account using : "google mail"
For some reason i deleted that account in 2018 ...

but now I want to create a account using That same "google mail" and want to use only that account .. The account from now I messaging you is for only get the support .. inbefore i try to reach support and wait 5 days till now but no reply ... supporrt is terrible here !

When i try to create a account using that same email: "google mail"
it said email already exist try to login ...

when i try to login using that same email: it said user name/email not found ...

it is dead end ... please someone help me to solve the issue ...

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Till now no support it is 6 days now ....

17e5307a
Community Member

I have an Upwork account. but recently my Gmail account was disabled. Now what I can do to get my Upwork account?

Hi Rana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths