🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to add verification document
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385

##- Please type your reply above this line -#yes how to identify

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Faiza raheem

Hi Vinay,

I checked your account and as of the moment, there is no requirement to undergo Identity Verification.

Once you receive an email or notification on your account to start this process, this is the time that you can upload your documents.

~ Alyssa

same issue for my account too. not get ID verification notification yet

Hi Mohamed,

You're not seeing a notification because you're not required to complete any verification yet. Note that a verification can't be requested. You will be notified once the team finds the need to verify your account.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ivanmilosevic36
Community Member

Hello, I have issue because I dont have option to do ID verification.

I have also recently became a premium member but still I don't see the option. 

I would appreciate some help

thanks 

Identity (ID) Verification 

Hi Ivan,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

You can find more information about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
depopp
Community Member

Hi,

Upwork says: "Verify your identity by 09/03/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork". If they don't review my files tomorrow, will my account be automatically paused? I am worried about this, as I have an ongoing contract at the moment and need to stay in touch with the client.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Defne,

I'm sorry for the delay regarding your verification process. I'm following up with the team handling your case and will let you know as soon as we have an update regarding your verification status.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cb5e57f2
Community Member

My account has been blocked for no reason, I can't contact support for a month, no one has answered

I had to create a new Upwork account to write here. Because no one has been responding to my two tickets that Ihave been updating for 4 weeks now. As I understand it, upwork does not want to communicate with blocked users. I don't want to figure it out. It's just that the problem is that I was blocked due to problems with the payment system. I am a refugee from Ukraine and now I am in the Netherlands, perhaps by buying connections through my Dutch bank I aroused suspicion. I received an email from Upwork that I have three days to send the documents confirm the address and solve the problems. I didn't notice this message, I noticed it for about 5 days. And I haven't been able to get any response for a month now
Ticket id: 43888178

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Defne, 

I apologize for the delay, as we had to look into this. Your verification documents have been accepted, and you now have the ID Verification Badge on your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jayd13
Community Member

I want to know if my account is approved or not 

ae61617c
Community Member

Hello, my acoount is 100% complete but there is no option of identity verification in my settings. When i can get this badge and how to resolve this issue?

If this has been resolve please share the resolution to me as I am experiencing the same issue. The option of identity verification is not showing on my profile too. 

Mam same for me..

I don't have options 

Your Identity be verified once you got payment from Client

Hi Kashif, Thanks for reaching out! 

Checking, I see that we have not requested you to do an identity verification yet. We’ll let you know when it’s time for you to earn the "Identity Verified" badge by sending an email and showing you a notification when you log into your Upwork account.

Then, you’ll just need to complete these steps:

1. Log into your Upwork account, go to Settings, then Identity Verification
  2. Provide a valid government-issued ID
  3. Complete a visual verification

If you’d like more information on ID verification and the identity verification badge, please review this article

~ Samuel
ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Kashif, Joanne Paulene, and Sheeraz,

I took a closer look at your accounts and can confirm that they don't need further verification yet. Please be reminded that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
85a6221b
Community Member

Hello, Good Day

I've been in a week here in upwork can I ask that How can I get an ID verification options? So that I can apply jobs here. Thank you

Kevin Kyle Lopez

enter to the setting and click on the ID verification. after you can upload your ID and wait an approval.
(If it is helpful to you, make it a solution)

Tural Babashov

That option will only be available when Upwork gives you access, generally when you start earning. You cannot request ID verification.

I can still find a job if I'm not a verified user?

Kevin Kyle Lopez
079e148c
Community Member

Hey, 

I am a dual citizen and verified my account with Egyptian ID as I was in Egypt at the time of creating the account .. I am now in the US and want to update my verified Id to my US passport, for tax and other purposes. Can somone Please assist. 

All you need to do is update your location to your new address in the United States and contact upwork support to inform them of your migration, that's all.

Your account have been verified and there is no need to re-verify it 

2cfe5712
Community Member

Hi, 
I have craete upword profile and on the verification page, I see 

Submit a document

We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day.

Thanks for helping to keep Upwork safe. Your ID will not be shared with clients.

but I have not submitted any document for ID verification yet. What should I do? How do I verify my account?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Syed Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. We understand how alarming this situation is for you and please allow us to look into this. I've shared your report to the appropriate team for further review. One of the members will surely review your profile and assist you accordingly via email. You can also access your ticket here for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
85a6221b
Community Member

How can I get the option of ID Verification? I am already 2 weeks here in upwork, so I can send proposals. Thanks

Kevin Kyle Lopez

Hi Kevin,

I appreciate your interest in getting your ID verified. However, at this moment, you are not yet required to go under verification.

When the time comes that you need to verify your identity (usually during your first contract), our team will reach out to you with instructions. You will also be notified via the Upwork page, and the link to verify your identity will be available.

Please learn more about ID Verification here: ID Verification Badge.

Being new to the platform, I recommend you take some of our online lessons here.

I hope this is helpful. 

~ Matt E

Ohh, I see thanks a lot.

Kevin Kyle Lopez
ca42dea2
Community Member

I am having an issue verifying my account, I can't find the identity verification tab in my profile settings and I don't know what to do. Please I need help.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks,
Benita.

ed206c7b
Community Member

Hi, 

Same here, I also can't verify my identity because there is no identity verification option. 

0c425614
Community Member

Why can't I see the identity verification option in my Upwork profile settings? I've already filled out my profile, but I still can't see the option. What should I do to make sure my identity is properly verified so that I can use all of the platform's features and advantages? Please assist me.

Hi Vinay Kumar,

We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll email you and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3f43f055
Community Member

I want to verify my identity on Upwork and get a blue tick so my bids and connects are not wasted anymore (As clients tend to ignore freelancers with no blue tick). I had submitted images of my National Identity Card, now the second and final step which is visual verification is pending. I cannot see the "Identity Verification" menu in settings anymore and from some research it seems it is now held with a customer support agent. Please guide me to the next steps on how do I verify my account as soon as possible.

ID-Verification-post.png

cc0258fe
Community Member

Hello,

I was born in Iran however I currently reside in the United States. I was asked to do a Government ID Verification which I am happy to do but on the drop-down menu, there is no recognition of Iran as a country so I couldn't select the proper country. I had no other choice other than to choose the US as the country and upload my Iranian Passport. Now, I am worried this would affect my current offers and wouldn't allow me to do a Government ID verification. I can provide proof of residency etc. if that is what is required. This is quite frustrating and I appreciate any help or support.

Thank you,

Fatemeh

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Fatemeh,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry if you're having difficulties verifying your ID. Please know that in compliance with U.S. law, Upwork does not conduct business with individuals and entities on a list called the Specially Designated Nationals ("SDN") list. Unfortunately, Iran is one of the countries listed in it which is why it's not available on the dropdown. For more information on these laws, click here

I took the liberty of sharing your concerns directly with the team handling the review. One of the members will surely review your case and assist you accordingly via email. Please don't hesitate to coordinate to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hussain_munawar
Community Member

i am unable to complete verification in my upwork profile .ID Verificaiton menu is missing in profile setting .please guide

Hi Munawar,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
saimamunawar
Community Member

i am unable to complete profile verification. ID verification menu missing in setting .Please guide

Hi Saima,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
bellagum0212
Community Member

I have just submitted my ID for verification, its a PHILHEALTH ID and im not quite sure if it would be accepted but the address differs from my address that ive provided in my upwork profile since weve already moved to a different place. Also, my name on my upwork profile would just be a display name and not my full name. im really anxious to know if that would affect the verification process?  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths