🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Make My profile visibility public
Page options
acda4043
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,823 REPLIES 1,823

Dear Arjay,

My profile is set to private kindly unlock and make it public.

thank you in advance.

Regards,

Shaik Mushtaq

Hi Shaik,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Arjay, 

Can you please make my profile public so that my client can look up my profile?

Thank you.

Hi Jay-ar and Sehrish,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile has been reset and the visibility is set to Public now.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, my profile visibility is set to private locked, can you please set it back to public?

Thank you!

Hi Nikola,

I've reset your profile back to public as requested. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
127106f7
Community Member

Hi,
My profile is set to private. Kindly help me to make it public.

Hi, I have a problem with my profile. It shows locked or unavailable. Please can anyone help me out with it ? Thanks you

Hi Setu, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated as per your request. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e0cdd9bb
Community Member

Hi upwork,

I was unavaiable on my profile for a while and it got locked and my availability badge is off. Kindly change its status. 🙂

Hi Anees,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
sheriii92
Community Member

Hi, i have just moved from freelancer basic to freelancer plus. as it has visibility of profile is always on but here i need to pay 6 connects for turning it on. why is that?

Your profile visible now.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Shehr,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I believe you're referring to Availability Badge. Please remember that the Availability Badge is an option designed to help you signal to clients that you are ready for new work. And yes! You'll need to use Connects to add the blue “Available now” badgeConnects. You may want to check this help article to learn more about how the badge works.

On the other hand, when you upgrade to Freelancer Plus, we'll keep your profile active even if you take a break. You check this help article to learn more about profile visibility.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1884f724
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team!

please convert my Upwor profile status to PUBLIC from PRIVATE. Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

Thanks

Abdul Rehman

Hi Abdul,

It looks like your account is already set to public. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
rodelioagosto
Community Member

Hi Good day!

My profile has been set to Private for a time now because I haven't been active in a while. But recently, I've been attempting to get things rolling by submitting proposals. I've been attempting to convert this back to "Public".Please fix this problem.

Hoping for your kind consideration.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Rodelio,

Your profile visibility has been updated and it's now showing as public.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c683e38d
Community Member

Hello!

My profile has been set to Private for a time now even though I have been active infact this is happening for the second time and I am worried as to why this happens to me always. I've been attempting to convert this back to "Public".Please fix this problem.

Thanks in advance!

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Immaculata,

Your profile visibility has been updated and set back to public as requested. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5447b81e
Community Member

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

Hi Maryam,

Your profile visibility has been updated.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
07cbb94d
Community Member

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

Start sending proposals. It will be public automatically.

Hi Munazza,

Your profile visibility has been reset. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
85eec3ee
Community Member

Hi luiggi, my profile has also been set to private so kindly set it to public again.
TIA.

Hi Fahad, 

Thank you for reaching out. I see that you already have a ticket open. I also checked and see your profile is now set to public.  

You may check the status on your preference. See here. 

Thank you. 

~ Bianca
2afa81dc
Community Member

Hi Bianca and the Upwork Team.

My profile is set to Locked Private. Please help me reset it so I can be visible in search and to potential Clients.

Thanks!!!

Hi Chidinma,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

My account has been set to locked Private because I've been unable to secure a job yet on Upwork. I'll need help in having it set back to public so I can continue bidding, please help.

Hi Samson,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Actually, it's still Locked Private. 

Hi Samson,

Thank you for following up. Your profile should be public now. Could you please check and let us know if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
8d24b976
Community Member

Hi Upwork family, I have recently completed a gig and it's not visible on my profile page. I can see it in contracts, in earnings, but not on my profile page in work history and completed jobs. I tried all recommendations above. Didn't work out. What went wrong? 

Appreciate your help.

hussain_munawar
Community Member

My profile visibility has changes as private please make is public

a94ec886
Community Member

my profile has been private please make it public

pramodshukla1011
Community Member

Hi, 

Could you please make my profile public again.

Hi Pramod, 

Your profile visibility has been set to public.

~ AJ
Upwork
74cdebe3
Community Member

The link to my profile is not leading to public view, could you please make my profile public?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths