Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership Upgrade

thewas
Innocent O Member Since: Sep 5, 2020
1 of 19

Hello,

why does my Card buy connects but is declined when I try to upgrade to the Plus membership plan?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
2 of 19

Hi Innocent,

I am sorry to hear about this. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola

Untitled
thewas
Innocent O Member Since: Sep 5, 2020
3 of 19

Balance is currently more than sufficient; I've used it before to buy connects, and on the bank's side, there is no question, because I use the card for multiple recurring transactions. Some of the transactions happened just yesterday. 

egaruth
BEST ANSWER
4 of 19

Hi Innocent,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled

View solution in original post

mohdshafiq9565
Mohd S Member Since: Dec 16, 2020
5 of 19

I am not able to buy a membership with a VISA Debit card and Paypal account Its showing Charge Failed?

My card is enabled for international transaction

Please Help 

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
6 of 19

Hi Mohd,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Could you please also try using a different payment method from your PayPal wallet?

Thanks!
~Andrea
Untitled
mohdshafiq9565
Mohd S Member Since: Dec 16, 2020
7 of 19

Sorry, I can't

I have only 2 cards and both are not acceptable for membership on Upwork through Paypal or direct.

Kalaiselvan V Member Since: Jan 10, 2021
8 of 19

Hi, My name is Kalaiselvan **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I just want to change my membership from basic to plus. I have successfully added my SBI master global debit card with my Upwork financial account (Billing method). But, I get a message of 'charge failed' while trying to change the membership. I don't know what to do? Please help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.

egaruth
9 of 19

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola

Untitled
Kalaiselvan V Member Since: Jan 10, 2021
10 of 19

Hello, I am using my SBI GLOBAL MASTER DEBIT CARD to buy connects. I need to change my membership plan from basic to plus. But, I am not able to complete the transaction. Getting a message as 'charge failed'. I can buy connects using the same debit card. But, I am not able to use the same card to change my membership plan. Please give me a solution. Thank you.