🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: We were unable to authenticate your ID
Page options
Bharath Mohan S Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
Sue W Community Member

I am having the exact same problem with no clear path to contact someone to resolve it. My ID has not been accepted after too many tries. The customer service option is invisible.

Sue Weinstock

Nina K Community Member

Hi Sue,

I have asked one of our team members to reach out to you also to help with completing the verification process, thank you.

~Nina
Nikolaos J Community Member

Me too. Verify location isn't working. I thought I had verified location, but I can't apply for US jobs, though I had scanned my ID and it was approved a week ago? Can someone contact me?

Hunter H Community Member

I received the same message when trying to verify my identity.

Nicole J Community Member

I am also having this issue. Will this automatically prompt an agent to contact me? 

Nina K Community Member

Hi Nicole,

We'll go ahead and have one of our agents reach out to you directly to help.

~Nina
Abraham L Community Member

Hello I need the link so that an Upwork agent can verify my ID because your automated system has rejected my uploaded ID 4 times. I even had to have an Upwork agent reset my failed attempts so that I can try again. I don't want to surpass the limit this time cause it would slow things down on my location verification. Please help, thanks.

"Dreams do come true."
Nina K Community Member

Hi Abraham,

Typically the agent who reaches out to reset your verification attempts, also includes a new link to upload your ID. Please check your most recent ticket for the link, and if you don't see it there then reach back out and we'll have an agent send you a new link.

~Nina
Maksim Anatolyevic G Community Member

I just found a message "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." As I understand my ID hasn't been uploaded and I'm not able to work. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to upload my ID. Could you please help me with it.

Nina K Community Member

Hi Maksim,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to help assist you with the verification.

~Nina
Marybeth F Community Member

I found some other inquiries regarding location not being able to verified by others, but have not found a solution. I went through and tried to 'contact customer support' and I sent me to this 'Community Discussion' post location. I have tried uploading both a passport and driver's license for location verification and both have been 'rejected' or found 'not eligible to verify your location'. 

Any tips to get this resolved? Thank you so much,

Ryan C Community Member

Hello Marybeth,

We have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly.

Untitled
Nirali S Community Member

Hello,
I am having the same issue. I am not able to verify my location. I have tried several times, but I am no longer eligible to verify it because of several attempts. Can you please help me verify the location?
Thank you,
Nirali S.

Lanie M Community Member

Hi Nirali,

A member of our team will reach out to you directly to further assist you with verifying your location.

Nirali S Community Member

Hello Lanie,

Thank You for the quick response. I need to send the proposal and its not letting me do so, as my location is not verified.

Can you give an estimated time? when will the customer support contact me?

- Nirali

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Nirali, 

I checked your account and can see that the Customer Support team has reached out to you last Sunday, 8-October. Could you please check your email, or your My Requests on this page to access the ticket the team has sent you.

~ Avery
Arpita Sachin D Community Member

Hi I have a similar issue as it says that max limit to upload the document is reached contact customer support. Request you to please help.

Nina K Community Member

Hi Arpita,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you to help you complete the ID verification.

~Nina
Cindy D Community Member

I need the same assistance.  I can't seem to verify my location in your system.  And I don't understand how to actually contact support.  I keep only getting the option for community.

Nina K Community Member

Hi Cindy,

I've requested that one of our agents reach out to you to help with the verification completion.

~Nina
Michael N Community Member

The same error is appearing on my screen. This is even After entering my ssn "I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed."

Nina K Community Member

Hi Michael,

When you click on a job that you want to submit a proposal to, you should see a banner notification at the top of your page with a green link to contact Customer Support. Go ahead and click the link, and this will allow you to create a ticket to the support team so that they can further assist with uploading your ID.

~Nina
Allison S Community Member

I tried to upload my PA driver's license to verify my location, but the message I keep getting is this:

It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.
Please try again with an image of your state issued driver’s license, ID card, green card or United States passport. 

I can't find an email or a phone number for a help desk or service with Upwork. Does anyone have a contact so I can verify my location? Ready to work but this is my only hold-up!! 

Nina K Community Member

Hi Allison,

Click on a job that you want to submit a proposal to, you should see a banner notification at the top of your page with a green link to contact Customer Support. Click the link, and this will allow you to create a ticket to the support team so that they can further assist with uploading your ID.

~Nina
Maria T Community Member

I'm not able to submit proposals on jobs because I keep getting an error message about updating my address, but I've already done so.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths